First gun you purchased

This is a discussion on First gun you purchased within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My first firearm purchase was last spring. Ran across a Winchester '94 (born in the 1970's) for $125 at a pawn shop. I knew nothing ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: First gun you purchased

My first firearm purchase was last spring. Ran across a Winchester '94 (born in the 1970's) for $125 at a pawn shop. I knew nothing about guns (still not as far as rifles), but it looked in good condition, and it was born the same year as my husband. Talked the owner down to $100, and proudly brought home my prize to show my husband. Told me it's pretty, but inoperable in its condition. Oh well, it's a nice wall hanger.

The first pistol I purchased was a Sig P238. It suited me fine as a first carry pistol. Traded it in for an XD-s after renting one, and seeing what .45ACP can do to a target, compared to .380 .
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

2. Remove Ads

First firearm I ever purchased was a Mossberg 500. First pistol was an old Colt MarkIV Series 70 1911. I still have both. The old Colt is old and a little worn and a little loosey goosey, but it still goes BANG every time.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

First gun was a S&W Sigma 9mm.....I know, I have sensed learned better.

First purchase the second time around was a Beretta PX4, and I still love that gun.

Distinguished Member
    My first gun was a single shot, bolt action, 22lr I bought from Western Auto in 1968 for the huge sum of $19.00. Loved that gun. It protected me from a lot of tin cans and beer bottles.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links