Walther P99 owners: question

This is a discussion on Walther P99 owners: question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; when you hold your pistol firmly and wiggle the muzzle around, does it kinda rattle as the slide moves back and forth on the polymer ...

Thread: Walther P99 owners: question

Walther P99 owners: question

when you hold your pistol firmly and wiggle the muzzle around, does it kinda rattle as the slide moves back and forth on the polymer bottom?

also, if you wiggle your magazine when an EVEN number of rounds are loaded, does it rattle?

2. Remove Ads

*even number of rounds past 7

Yes to both. I never really noticed it. I don't wiggle them much I guess.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

That thing with the magazineis awful. U have to load it accordingly so it doesn't rattle. One mag does it, one doesn't.

Also if the gun is cocked and thee trigger is at its first setting, the long stroke, there is a rattle. It goes away if decocked or locked into the short stroke trigger pull. ***

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I have never noticed this with my Walther P99AS and it has been flawless after 1,200 rounds.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I have 1500 flawless rounds through my P99 and never really noticed until this thread. To me it is a non-issue. I carry it often and it doesn't make any noise.

I just went and shook some of my other guns and mags. They all make noise to some extent. Particularly the polymer guns. My XDm is much noisier than the P99.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

The up and down cocked/full trigger stroke rattle or the side by side slight rattle?

Also, is the trigger rubbing against something for the first half of the long stroke single action setting??

help!

Side to side slight rattle. My trigger feels the same as what you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    Side to side slight rattle. My trigger feels the same as what you describe.
    yeah the trigger is rubbing on something the first half of the pull--you can see it if you pull the trigger with the slide off. it rubs right on something.

however, the most frustrating thing is the rattle happening when it's cocked and trigger is at full SA pull. i can't find anyone else with same issue online via google searches though. wtheck!!

Pulling the trigger in DA mode is smooth as silk. I don't see the slide rattle as anything out of the ordinary compared to other polymer pistols. I really think I need to add a PPQ to the collection.

yeah i was talking about SA mode

Links