Missing Ammunition Shipment - Page 2

Missing Ammunition Shipment

This is a discussion on Missing Ammunition Shipment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am planning on stopping by ammo to go today to see what they have in house....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Missing Ammunition Shipment

I am planning on stopping by ammo to go today to see what they have in house.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Had the same thing happen to me this last November but it was several pounds of some really great but pricey pecans, when they did not come I called and according to the tracking number like you they had placed by the front door....
    Nope never happened I figured the USP guy simply kept them, (a few years back a local mail carrier was caught doing the same thing) or they would have gone back and picked them up. (or like they did with my pricey RC airplane kit, box 1 and 3 of 3 arrived but 2 did not, was sent 50 miles north of here). they replaced the pecans post haste...
    But your case is far different, ammo, delivered to the wrong address, requires a signature (mine did) possibly in the hands of a criminal, A FELONY, UPS go to the local office, chew rear, do this ASAP!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I've had similiar incidents, like John.ShewChuk. UPS has made mistakes with me as well, and we live in a very very rural area, but it still happens. Signature? Naw, they dump it on my doorstep, sans required received signature all the time. I've requested they ring door bell, they don't bother to do that either. But I have had incidents where UPS screwed up big time, and delivered it the next door, with NO excuses. They are getting harder and harder to deal with. At least the US Post Office posts their phone numbers. If you are not aware of the distribution point location for UPS you are just SOL!!!

As a casual aside, we are very rural. We know our regular driver, his family, his kids.........he gets Christmas presents...........we established a great relationship with him and it helps.

That's not to say this will always, or usually help...........but it might..........
    ppkheat likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    You are given that option when you buy from ATG. Check the box that indicates you want a signature required for delivery and your wish will be granted.
    I asked about this on the phone. It is an option, for a price. They said, $3.50 which all things considered isn't very expensive but it should still be unnecessary. One thing that I keep coming back to is that my wife was sitting downstairs, waiting, this was supposedly a few minutes before I arrived home, and she said that there was no UPS truck that day and definitely not at the time of the supposed delivery.

my wife was sitting downstairs, waiting, this was supposedly a few minutes before I arrived home, and she said that there was no UPS truck that day and definitely not at the time of the supposed delivery.
    Could have gone to another address erroneously.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Had nearly the same situation. Ended up calling the local UPS hub and talking to the dispatcher and they contacted the driver and got verification of where he actually had left it. He goofed and delivered it to a wrong location. He then went back retrieved the package and delivered it that night.

Call the local hub and get them to talk to the driver.

Good luck.

Edit to add, the tracking phone number people do everything by email to the hubs so it takes forever for them to get real answers. That's why you can cut the response time way down by calling the hub locally direct.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Could have gone to another address erroneously.
    I have heard that UPS tracks the location of the drivers via GPS pretty closely. If so, it should be possible to tell if the driver was within a few feet of my location at the time of the delivery scan. If it shows he was nearby, it would be a strong indication that it went to one of the adjacent houses. If it shows he was across town it is an obvious error. I've been debating seeing if I can call the local hub, but also wonder if it is worth the additional frustration level on my part as I would undoubtedly get the go away runaround or directed to a national call center being from the unwashed masses group called their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I have heard that UPS tracks the location of the drivers via GPS pretty closely. If so, it should be possible to tell if the driver was within a few feet of my location at the time of the delivery scan. If it shows he was nearby, it would be a strong indication that it went to one of the adjacent houses. If it shows he was across town it is an obvious error. I've been debating seeing if I can call the local hub, but also wonder if it is worth the additional frustration level on my part as I would undoubtedly get the go away runaround or directed to a national call center being from the unwashed masses group called their customers.
    I can't guarantee your luck with calling the hub but I will tell you that when I did I got FAR better treatment and the supervisor was bending over backward to get to the bottom of it. Very polite and even called the next day to make sure the driver was polite and prompt on the late delivery.
    Rock and Glock and noway2 like this.

Call the local distribution center ASAP and be nice, polite, and all that nice stuff. They're in business, and customer service.
    noway2 likes this.

Rcok and Glock, I wish I could like your post multiple times for the suggestion of calling them. After hemming and hawing about it for a while, I decided to do just that. As with NC Bullseye's experience they were very helpful and polite. I explained what happened and they followed up with the driver and called me back. The driver remembered the delivery and said the correct road being a turn off the correct road that is the entrance to the housing development. They then mentioned, very specifically, that they had to go through a fence and a gate which does NOT match my house at all. I spoke with my wife and gave her the description. It turned out that my wife was on the way home and drove down the road slowly looking for a matching description. It just so happens that there was one with a house number that differed from mine by 1 digit. I contacted UPS back who sent a supervisor over to the location, they retrieved the package and delivered it to my wife a little while ago, unopened.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Rcok and Glock, I wish I could like your post multiple times for the suggestion of calling them. After hemming and hawing about it for a while, I decided to do just that. As with NC Bullseye's experience they were very helpful and polite. I explained what happened and they followed up with the driver and called me back. The driver remembered the delivery and said the correct road being a turn off the correct road that is the entrance to the housing development. They then mentioned, very specifically, that they had to go through a fence and a gate which does NOT match my house at all. I spoke with my wife and gave her the description. It turned out that my wife was on the way home and drove down the road slowly looking for a matching description. It just so happens that there was one with a house number that differed from mine by 1 digit. I contacted UPS back who sent a supervisor over to the location, they retrieved the package and delivered it to my wife a little while ago, unopened.
    OUTSTANDING! Glad you followed through. Keep that number too, sometimes it's hard to find the hub number.

Now, when do we get to shoot it all up?

VIP Member
    Sorry about what has happened. I agree with those who say report it as stolen to the police. It is ammo. It isn't
    books.

I've generally had great luck with both UPS and FedEx, but both are capable of really really really messing up,
    denying, and then giving you a hard time when you try to file an insurance claim.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Moderator
    Good to hear, I've had UPS drop things of at my house that was suppose to go to another address
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Missing Ammunition Shipment

Great you got it located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links