Missing Ammunition Shipment

This is a discussion on Missing Ammunition Shipment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Back in December, I placed an ammunition order for some 9mm that was still in stock, both target and defense grade, totaling a bit more ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Missing Ammunition Shipment

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Angry Missing Ammunition Shipment

Back in December, I placed an ammunition order for some 9mm that was still in stock, both target and defense grade, totaling a bit more than couple hundred dollars from ammo to go. I paid a slightly elevated prices for it but was happy to get a confirmed order of in stock material.

Yesterday, a full month after the order, the package was supposed to be delivered via UPS. I had been checking the tracking information periodically throughtout the day and it said out for delivery. I came home shortly after 7pm and there was no package and my wife, who had been home all day did not see any UPS trucks or receive a delivery. About 8:30pm I went to check the tracking and saw that UPS says it was delivered and left on the porch. We don't have a porch, just front steps, but there is no package to be found. The package was supposedly delivered at about 6:50pm. My wife was here, downstairs, and noticed no UPS truck. This was about 15 minutes before I got home and there was no package waiting. I checked the front and back of the house. No package. I went around to each of the adjacent neighbors, spoke to the two that were home nobody had received a package and the ones who were not home (houses dark) had no packages on their porches. I called UPS and they said that the seller had to file a complaint.

When I placed the order, I paid for shipping insurance, a total of about 65 cents on the order. According to their website, they seem to have a problem with UPS denying mistakes and then denying claims and that if you buy the insurance they will either send you a new shipment immediately or refund the money. At this point I am livid. Ammo has been nearly impossible to find and this shipment would have given me enough target ammo for the next several months as well as a backup stock of defensive grade. With the way stock has been, I have a feeling I won't be getting any now and would rather have the ammo than the money back.

I am suspicious that the UPS driver simply marked it left at house and stole the package.
    Hopyard and packinnova like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    In addition to your efforts with the seller and UPS, I'd call the Sheriff's department. Let them investigate it as stolen goods, starting with UPS.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member
    Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I'd have to agree with you, ammo is more valuable than the money right now. I made a similar purchase around the same time, I made sure to require a signature for delivery (which I hadn't done any previous times).

Think your going to harass UPS and atleast get your money back. Hope it wasn't the driver, man that just sucks
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Re: Missing Ammunition Shipment

I'm on several gun related forums, and lots of shipping theft threads have been popping up. Serious theft too, as in not just ammo, but missing lower receivers and complete firearms won on Gunbroker.

I hope you find the ammo. Expect to see a lot more of this.

Edit: Good luck with law enforcement. If the dollar amount doesn't meet whatever your state's Grand Theft threshold is, I don't see them being motivated a whole lot. Hopefully UPS has a remedy, but it's hard to beat the "dropped at house" handwash and steal trick. I feel for you dude. I had it happen with Midway. Luckily Midway was cool about it and reshipped my stuff. UPS was a no go even after Midway opened a claim.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I sure hope this isn't why 380acp order has been taking forever. I'm glad I stocked up on my other calibers before the madness, but this order is just taking so so long to get here.
    KCCO!

XD9SC
    Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Sorry about your misfortune. Not only is this phenomena terrible for legal on-line purchasers, it provides fuel to those who seek to ban online ammo transactions.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    They might still have it. The system they use can be wrong. The left a Sig on my porch a few years ago with no signature, as pathetic as that sounds, and 2 days later they said it was still on the truck. Who knows?
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Back in the late '60s when a bunch of my fellow highschoolers went to work for the newly established UPS service in my home town, theft was rampant. I don't know if it's any better today. File for the insurance and learn a lesson about the risks of ordering online.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Doesn't ammo delivery require a signature?

Last ammo I had delivered did.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I've heard a lot more of this lately also. Hope that is not the case Noway.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post

I've wondered about that too because technically you have to be over 21 to take possession. The seller should be open in about 1 hour and I will be on it like flies on dead chicken.

Update: I contacted the seller. Unfortunately, UPS won't even allow them to file a missing package claim for 24 hours. This is really unfortunate because having supposedly been delivered late yesterday the route and delivery may be a lot more fresh in the drivers mind and a quick, heads up, do you recall .... may have a chance of locating it. A chance that gets smaller rapidly as time progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post

You are given that option when you buy from ATG. Check the box that indicates you want a signature required for delivery and your wish will be granted.

I had something similar happen to me two days ago. UPS said delivered. No package to be found. They ended up dropping it off the next day. My theory is that it was improperly/accidentally scanned while they were on another delivery and didn't notice until they got back to the distribution center later.
    Owner, Maple Leaf Firearms LLC (07 FFL/02SOT)

Get the local UPS Distribution Center telephone number and start pushing them locally. Do that immediately and forcefully. Scan errors and lost shipments are commonplace. Push them hard, and explain you are calling LE immediately and you really want to find the shipment and get it resolved with a minimum of fuss.

You have the tracking data, etc., so all is not lost. UPS is delivering tons of ammo right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links