Price for Reloads???

This is a discussion on Price for Reloads??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pre-panic when ammo was available I did'nt consider reloads. I bought several cases of Federal Amerian Eagle 9mm for $240 a case delivered. Now I ...

Thread: Price for Reloads???

Price for Reloads???

Pre-panic when ammo was available I did'nt consider reloads. I bought several cases of Federal Amerian Eagle 9mm for $240 a case delivered. Now I want to add more to my resereves and there is no way I can find the ammount of factory rounds im looking for. The owner of my range also has several years experiance as a commerical reloader. He quoated me a price of $220 per thousand of 9mm and can make me 10,000 rounds. Is this a decent price? Just wondering as I have no expericance in the price of reloads. Currently the cheapest around here is at LAX airport for $24 per 100.

Im thinking this might be a smart buy as even after the panic dies down the price of ammo will be higher what is was before and I doubt I will be able to find ammo 9mm at 11 a box. Time is money and it would be a serious abount of time for me to reload 10,000 rounds. Just curious, in the past and at current levels what are people paying for reloads.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't buy in bulk so my component costs are higher. Both 9mm and .45 ACPs cost me @$9 a box. Buying in bulk would lower that sufficiently, but I don't have the space or reload enough anymore to warrant it.

I'll clarify that I reload commercially made cast bullets. Casting one's own would lower the costs whereas jacketed bullets would raise it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have been looking into reloading and for the components I looked into and all it would cost me about $7-$9 a box for 9mm.

I can reload 40 s&w for about 21 cents a round.

Quote Originally Posted by paynetrain1988 View Post
    I can reload 40 s&w for about 21 cents a round.
    To bad you don't live close to me I have yet to find anyone around here that reloads.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    To bad you don't live close to me I have yet to find anyone around here that reloads.
    I had the same problem so I decided to roll my own, one of the wiser of my decisions.

I wish I had the time to but unfortunately I don't.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    My least expensive 9mm reload ends up at just under $10 for 100 rounds. My least expensive .223 reload ends up just over $18 per 100 rounds.

All my components are purchased in fairly large quantities to maximize the savings.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

That is ok. I remember buying 1,000 rounds from a company that sold reloads for about 169 I think. So that is not bad, if the guy is reputable. And if you want the ammo, go get it.
    You can reload yourself for less, but if you don't have the time, space, or desire, then go for this.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Thanks for the input guys. I think this will be a good purchase for me. I figure the mark up may be about $80 a case but I can earn allot more than $80 in OT durring the time it would take me to load 1000 rounds on a weekend. I have a lee press with 30,000 primers and do want to get into reloading especially 357/38.

Links