Sometimes it really helps to have friends that stockpile ammo

This is a discussion on Sometimes it really helps to have friends that stockpile ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay I reload centerfire ammo and have plenty of powder and primers on hand so If I shot at least 2-300 rounds a week It ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By nwbackpacker
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By Olduser

Thread: Sometimes it really helps to have friends that stockpile ammo

Sometimes it really helps to have friends that stockpile ammo

Okay I reload centerfire ammo and have plenty of powder and primers on hand so If I shot at least 2-300 rounds a week It would take me about 5 years to run out.I just spent the last 3 days looking for bulk 22 LR the stuff I can't reload ,at every Walmart and Academy in a 20 mile radius and looked online nada, zilch, zippo,so sowwy chawie.I promised a Friend that has never shot a gun in his life that Saturday I would take him to the range and teach him to shoot and really need 22 to start him out with.
    So I called my shooting buddy I shoot with every week for the last 5 years that I know has at least 100,000c 22 on hand and say hey Mike can I buy a couple bulk boxes of 22,he said how much you need?
    I said well Wmart was selling it for like $22 a box so how about 4 boxes for $90.00.He said I didn't pay that much when I bought it so I'm getting 5 525 to 550 bulk packs of Federal 22 LR ammo for $85.
    People that have seen my posts lately where I try to help out shooters when possible know that I would have responded the same way,only charging what it actually cost me,These are the kind of friends you attract into your life when you pay it forward.Hopefully I will be able to replenish what I shoot by keeping a closer eye out every week for any Ammo Ads and try to order a case here and there
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Good friends are hard to come by, sounds like he's a good guy :)
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

I just did exactly the same. A friend just bought a 22 pistol and could not find ammo. Fortunately I have about 2000 rounds of the stuff and sold him a box for what I bought it for. Come to think of it, he hadn't paid me yet! He can pay me in beer instead. :)

When I see news stories about finding "several" guns and a stockpile of 2000 rounds of ammo at some residence I have to laugh. I buy ammo in bulk because I buy online and it's CHEAPER to buy in bulk. Do we point at people that go to Costco and buy bulk toilet paper and wonder if they are paranoid that they're going to poop a lot?
    bombthrower77 likes this.

That is great! I need some friends like that. Hey Arizona people, wanna be my friend???

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Any openings for best friend? Send me an application.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Any openings for best friend? Send me an application.
    Actually Every one I have taught to shoot now has a CHL and a 9mm,about every week I reload at least 500 rounds of xtra 9mm "125 grain Lead round nose" to sell to them to practice with.I sell it to them for $15 100 rounds.
    Next week I have to take 2 females I know that want to learn to shoot and a Husband/Wife duo to the range.I don't charge them for the ammo used during the first shooting session,I actually have just as much fun teaching as I do shooting,someday what they learn may save their lives
    BurgerBoy and AZ_Larz_NY like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

VIP Member
    I have quite an uh... supply.. of ammo. My close friends know this and when they're in need and can't find any anywhere, they come to me. I also gladly sell them to it at pre-gouge prices. :) It's what friends are for and real friends are hard to come by! I know they'd do the same for me.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

What goes around...comes around.

good on ya dukalmighty
    Crashoften likes this.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

...happy for the OP...doesn't always go that way...I had the blessing of 980 rds of WW 5.56 about 3 years ago...talked to a 40s guy in the neighborhood we thought we knew and explained to him that noone had an AR but him...I gave him all 980 with the promise he'd keep it for defense of neighborhood since he had an AR...solemn promise...went to him a year later for 80 rds to give a young Marine down the block who'd bought a new AR...and he sheepishly admitted he and some co-workers had blown it ALL off into the trees one afternoon after doing their part to support America's beer industry...I was speechless...haven't given away one round of anything except some .40 to a trusted cop friend...the neighbors better be doin' their own shopping...they've been warned...

He lied to me...when I went by to get the ammo his secretary only had 4 bulk boxes of 500 each and she said he wouldn't accept any money LOL,

...sounds like Texas!!! God bless the child who's got his own!!!

Links