M&Ps available?

This is a discussion on M&Ps available? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went to my usual range and LGS today for the first time since the buying frenzy started. This place has handgun display cases for ...

Thread: M&Ps available?

M&Ps available?

I went to my usual range and LGS today for the first time since the buying frenzy started. This place has handgun display cases for Glocks, Springfields, Rugers, Sigs, M&Ps, Kahrs, Taurus, and a final one for Walther, Bersa, Kel-Tec, etc. Before the craziness, they always had around a dozen of each brand displayed.

So back to today ... Glock case was empty, Springfield case was empty, Sig case was empty, Ruger case had a single lonely LCP, Kahr case had a single lonely CM9, miscellaneous case was empty. But, there were ten M&Ps in the case, full size and compacts. I think I even saw a Shield. I'm not trying to read anything into it, but it just struck me as being odd. Are M&Ps not selling, or is S&W just doing better keeping up with demand?

2. Remove Ads

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the M&P line. I think they truly give Glock a run for their money. So the only conclusion is that S&W is just able to keep up with the demand better.

Or, that gun store is an annomoly. I know the Shield is one hard puppy to get your hands on. If I found one, I'd buy it in a heart beat as my wife keeps wanting to take possession of mine.

I also own a full size M&P 9mm and love it too. Just as much, if not better than the G-23 I sold to buy the M&P.
    Last edited by Bark'n; February 1st, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Smith and Wesson is publicly traded and their stock had increased significantly a few weeks ago - it may have to do with Smith having a better business infrastructure for MASS production.
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

Love my M&P 40c!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    Do the M & P pistols have those lawyers locks built in ?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Love my M&P 40c!
    I love my M&P 9c!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Do the M & P pistols have those lawyers locks built in ?
    No.

You can get them with an external safety like the 1911's or without the external safety. You can get them with a magazine disconnect, or you can get them without. None of them have the little lawyer locks where you need a special key to lock and unlock.

The Sheild, all come with the external safety. There is no version without it. However, it is a very positive actuation and most people, myself included choose not to ues it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    No.

None of them have the little lawyer locks where you need a special key to lock and unlock.

I bought the full size m&p40,about 5 yrs ago.It jammed with me once,2 times,back to back.Thankfully,it was a weak spring in the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by ruso View Post
    Opps. My mistake. (Thanks for the correction ruso)

I guess you can get them with the little lawyer lock, or without. Just never seen one with. I guess not many people want them configured that way.

See, you can't say S&W doesn't give you lots of choices and variety.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

May just be a regional thing... My local gun store has a decent selection of Glocks but not much else.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

They could've just received a shipment of S&W's during this otherwise "high sales volume" period.....kinda like going to look for ammo these days, either the shelves are stocked or totally empty.

Otherwise, I'm another highly satisfied M&P40c owner.

Links