Forbes: NRA winnings 'influence battle' on gun control

This is a discussion on Forbes: NRA winnings 'influence battle' on gun control within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA Winning the Influence Battle Over Gun Control - Forbes oh, and all the people here that badmouth the NRA, should all become members after ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Forbes: NRA winnings 'influence battle' on gun control

NRA Winning the Influence Battle Over Gun Control - Forbes

oh, and all the people here that badmouth the NRA, should all become members after we make it out of this whole 'thing' going on without losing any of our 2A rights. the group you disrespect is the only thing fighting for you on a national level.
    NMB, FLGlocker23, BugDude and 2 others like this.

The White House release of the Obama shotgun picture supports this claim but the debate is far from over. It's pretty sad that more pro 2nd amendment politicians aren't speaking up. The NRA can't do it alone and Chris Christie is the last guy the Republicans want taking the lead on the
    2nd Amendment debate.

i think the pic shows the WH feels like it still has to win people over. also, i think this is all taking longer than the grabbers originally thought. with news moving so fast nowadays, something else will come along soon to 'distract' us from the real economic and national debt issues that are looming over us. i hope anyway.

The pro–gun control group is fragmented whereas the pro-gun rights voice is united and strong.

Right there says it all. You don't need to agree with everything the NRA says, but they are the strongest supporters for our rights. And, yes, I am a NRA member along with GOAL in Massachusetts. Many states have good reps and only need to worry about the feds. Here in Mass we have to fight the feds and the state.
    FLGlocker23 and mbguy29577 like this.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    The pro–gun control group is fragmented whereas the pro-gun rights voice is united and strong.

Right there says it all. You don't need to agree with everything the NRA says, but they are the strongest supporters for our rights. And, yes, I am a NRA member along with GOAL in Massachusetts. Many states have good reps and only need to worry about the feds. Here in Mass we have to fight the feds and the state.
    also the fact that pro-gun rights people are far more invested and committed to the cause than the casual anti-gun person.

When you have people like Diane Feinstein "on our side" it makes it a little easier...think about it the crazy list of guns that she wanted BANNED got even the "Hunters" on the side of the Pro Gun lobby,trying to ban Shotguns with knoxx stocks/pistol grips,banning Ruger 10/22 rifles that is the most popular 22 rifle and that fathers buy for their kids to go hunting or plinking,She opened their eyes to realize it's not about safety it's about disarming the entire civilian population
    AdBro, MACC12 and niks like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Barack Obama leads the pro-gun control voice with a net influence score of 268. LaPierre leads the anti-gun control side with a net influence score of 240.
    Can we please call it what it is...LaPierre is pro-2nd amendment...Obama is anti-2nd amendment...LaPierre supports your Rights...Obama does not support your Rights...period end of story.
    rutcrazed and niks like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Bravo! The NRA is the single largest and most politically influential voice defending our rights. I extended my membership and bought other people memberships. They stand up there in front of the media, under immense scrutiny from every conceivable angle, and they not only take it on the chin but give it back to them!!! They're not perfect, and no we don't agree with everything, but no organization can please all of the people all of the time. Regardless of that, you have to look at the big picture. Who has the opportunity and ability to further MY interests? They do, and that's why I support them and would hope others who value the 2A rights we enjoy would also.

One interesting observation on the graphic in the article. You see the rapid ascent after CT about neck and neck. Leading up to Oblamer's unveiling of his agenda, you saw the blue line move ahead. During this time, the NRA was mostly quiet and people were wondering why. Then, from the point Oblamer made his proclamations known, and the NRA start fighting back both publicly and politically, you saw the blue line receed at a much faster rate. This was a smart strategy. The anti crowds were pumping a lot of unknowns based on speculation and political posturing intended to intimidate gun owners, gun rights supporters, and gun advocacy groups. At this point, the NRA really had nothing to refute as the actual knowns were not yet on the table. One they were, the anti crowd was quickly disappointed at the reality (and the pro rights supporters somewhat relieved) that their dictator didn't try to just yank our rights away. This is also the time when the NRA picked up steam and started going after the known agenda items publicly and politically.

Much like Ali boxing back in the day. The first two-thirds of the rounds he danced around, avoided, wrapped up, and took his punches. When his opponent was out of steam, he spent the last third of the rounds accurately taking his well aimed shots while running circles around them. This is exactly what the NRA is doing, and doing quite well I might add. Don't waste your political capital, time, effort, and resources fighting the emotion driven wave. When the tide receeds, get to work.
    FLGlocker23 and archer51 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

If you want to see the NRA in action, turn in tomorrow or set your DVR's...

The battle to save our Second Amendment freedoms is raging right now.

And if you saw any coverage of this week's Senate hearings on gun control, you know the media elites and the gun ban lobby are running wild with half-truths, deceptions, and downright lies about you, me and our gun rights.

So I'm going on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace to set the record straight! Please watch at 9:00 a.m. ET this Sunday - and tell your family, friends and fellow gun owners to watch as well.
    As always, thank you for your support and your willingness to STAND AND FIGHT with me and NRA.

I've never been more grateful to have you fighting by my side.

Wayne

Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ok so where are all the people that normally made fun of the NRA and conservatives? remember them? they existed here before the middle of december 2012

Been a proud card carrying lifetime member of the NRA for 34 years now. I knew back in 1979 that it was money well spent and I used my money from hauling irrigation pipe for farmers and putting up hay to use to join. I still financially support the NRA because sadly they are the only entity that has preserved our rights from the tyrants that some people decide to represent us in Washington. Until laws change and we throw crooks in jail and NEVER let them out via parole boards and soft hearted liberals that believe counseling is the answer, we will need to maintain a voice in Washington. I no longer do ANY of this for myself (fighting for the 2nd ammendment), I now do this for my son, daughters and grand children.
    niks likes this.

I'm amazed that even today with everything going on there are people unwilling to spend the $25-$35 to join the NRA and support the fight for our 2A rights. Most just have this bizarre belief that it would be impossible for anything major to change. Crazy how they lack any foresight and sense of urgency about something that would affect each and every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    I'm amazed that even today with everything going on there are people unwilling to spend the $25-$35 to join the NRA and support the fight for our 2A rights. Most just have this bizarre belief that it would be impossible for anything major to change. Crazy how they lack any foresight and sense of urgency about something that would affect each and every one of them.
    I was like that. Never thought I needed to join. I'm now a member and when I shake other funds the family will be too. I decided I needed to do my part and if they are the big guns then I support them. I will also be supporting GOA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    NRA Winning the Influence Battle Over Gun Control - Forbes

oh, and all the people here that badmouth the NRA, should all become members after we make it out of this whole 'thing' going on without losing any of our 2A rights. the group you disrespect is the only thing fighting for you on a national level.
    I'm a NRA member and am very thankful for what the NRA does for us. I hate how people bash them just cuz they don't agree with a few aspects. If it wasn't for the NRA we would have not even the slightest chance of winning the fight or our voices being heard by the people who make the final decisions.
    BugDude likes this.

Bravo to you bugdude. That was a great post!

By far my favorite part is below!

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post

Much like Ali boxing back in the day. The first two-thirds of the rounds he danced around, avoided, wrapped up, and took his punches. When his opponent was out of steam, he spent the last third of the rounds accurately taking his well aimed shots while running circles around them. This is exactly what the NRA is doing
    BugDude likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links