Shocked at LGS Today

This is a discussion on Shocked at LGS Today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the LGS in my area has raised the prices way high on items he already had in stock. I believe that in the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Shocked at LGS Today

One of the LGS in my area has raised the prices way high on items he already had in stock. I believe that in the long run the market will correct itself and we will see things more closer to normal (but not return completely to normal).
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

2. Remove Ads

Had dinner last night with the owner of my LGS (long time friend). He's not restocking ARs because of the astronomical prices from the distributors. He said that he doesn't want to buy a $2,000 AR & then have the bottom fall out of the market next month.
    One of the LGS in my area has raised the prices way high on items he already had in stock. I believe that in the long run the market will correct itself and we will see things more closer to normal (but not return completely to normal).
    Add these two concepts together. A LGS has to sell his current stock in such a way as to:
    1. Recover his cost for the product;
    2. Build capital to replace the product on his shelf;
    3. Maintain business costs;
    4. Make a profit (hopefully enough to expand his business as well as feed his family

He may have to raise prices on what he has in stock in order to buy more items to sell tomorrow. He can't count on the price going back to what it was.

Of course, I'm a pretty "free market capitalist" myself. Obviously.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links