Prediction if magazine capacity ban happens

This is a discussion on Prediction if magazine capacity ban happens within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BugDude Based on previous interpretations in SCOTUS rulings that the militia is citizenry called upon to bring their own arms that are ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Prediction if magazine capacity ban happens

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Based on previous interpretations in SCOTUS rulings that the militia is citizenry called upon to bring their own arms that are to be the kind in common use at the time as to make the militia efficient and effective against their opponents I don't see how the guys bringing 7 round or 10 round firearms can be considered efficient against a foe using 19 and 30 round firearms that are in common use by the rest of the world (including the criminals inside the US).
    That might fly if the makeup of the Supreme Court stays the same. But given that Obama has already appointed anti-gun justices we will probably be in deep trouble if he gets to appoint even one more. And the likelihood that he will get to make an appointment in the next 4 years is pretty good.
    BugDude likes this.

2. Remove Ads

This will be like the 55 MPH speed limit. It will be so widely ignored that it will eventually be repealed.

How will they know how many or what capacity magazines I have unless they come to my house and demand to search. In that case they can count the rounds as they come out of the barrel of my 16 round 9MM.
    NRA Life Member
    Gun Owners of America Member
    Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership Member
    Tea Party Member

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I think the antis have been like monkeys and engaged in a process of slinging feces in the hopes of hitting the mark. First was the AWB, then came magazine capacity limits, registration, liability insurance, and now 'universal' background checks. Indications are that their position is weakening. Recent comments and complaints I've seen from that side are mostly a (in a fake french accent) "Les No Fair" that the NRA used to endorse background checks but no more. I think had they actually tried to work with the gun community to develop real solutions, instead of pulling of VP Biteme's charade and then proceeding to throw this kind of crap they may have gotten a lot further.

I see the Glock models 30,29,26,27, and the 357 sig variants of each increase the sale rate big. I see the post ban Glock 17,22,20and 21 becoming cheaper in the absence of hi cap mags that justified their size.

The only exception I see to this is the G23, which only gives up 3 rounds in a 10 round cap limit, and is still compact enough to be appealing per the caliber.

But I don't think any of this will happen.
    C hawk Glock and zonker1986 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Magazine capacity

All the forums i have been on have people speculating what will happen with the mag capacity. We are supposed to go to 7 rounds here in New York as of April 15th. We will just have to wait and see how this plays out in court.Until then i'll carry either my .40 or .45.

Hopefully it doesn't happen but, if it does my prediction would be that all of the thugs who currently posess firearms illegally will continue to and use them to kill people in places like Chicago where criminal behavior goes unchecked as the politicians are too busy screwing the law abiding citizens.
    glockman10mm and scstarr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSoxFan View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't happen but, if it does my prediction would be that all of the thugs who currently posess firearms illegally will continue to and use them to kill people in places like Chicago where criminal behavior goes unchecked as the politicians are too busy screwing the law abiding citizens.
    But we are supposed to get concealed carry here in the state of Chicago by June!

"Crook County" has been getting the butt kicked in court and although they continue their attempt to muddy the waters so far it is still all on track to happen.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Prediction if magazine capacity ban happens
    I will continue to carry 1911's
    J.Thompson likes this.

A thought. If this thing degenerates into some kind of armed conflict we will be battling more than just the gubment. This is a globalist movement not just the wackos in DC. I say this not as a defeatist but simply that we need to go into this thing with your eyes wide open. I hope and pray that it never gets to that. In the mean time we need to keep up the pressure on our politicos to do the right thing with regard to the Constitution. If not, we should recall them.

VIP Member
    By the way, let me be very clear. I am a patriot and I love this country. My original thought came from the fact that I do think we are in for a dog fight, and I am not arrogant enough to think this may happen. If are grandfathered then I am good to go, but if this administration pulls a crazy Ivan I will be switching from 9mm to 45,10mm,357 sig etc.....

I posted this and when to bed, I was shocked how fast it blew up! haha!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

GH
    As coincidence would have it I'm going from a 14+1 round Sigma 40VE to a 10+1 M&P 40C (if it ever get here). I carry a spare 14 round mag with me some of the time. With the Compact I'll be carrying the 2 spare 10 round mags with me ALL the time. I'll continue practicing mag reloads until I'm not merely fast but blindingly fast.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

If it were a globalist battle, then that means United Nations forces. And given that they have been ineffective wherever they are deployed, that's not something I'm worried about.

Besides, blue hats make for a better sight picture.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Worked with UN Blue Helmets in Somalia. Not impressed.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

We are 180 million strong? Armed people and we have already let (NY) the Govt start its talks about taking away mags, semi auto rifles and probably all guns? Why does that sound crazy,, Yet you get a case like zimmerman and you have a bunch of people marching with jessie jackson and they get that dude put back in jail.. I hope this doesnt happen but if they take another inch of the constitution, I hope there is a all out war on the streets, what good will we be once disarmed.. Like sitting ducks... They already call us and see us as extremeist, and even terroist say some.. Well if your gonna treat us like we are felons, you may just get a bucnch of us turn on you real fast and become felons and your worst nightmare... Talks are getting old. I dont know when the right time to go on the offense is but I hope we dont wait too long, like after confiscation.,, This MOB in washington wants control , Full control and they scare the hell out of me because they have been doing a pretty good job of getting what they want!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If it were a globalist battle, then that means United Nations forces. And given that they have been ineffective wherever they are deployed, that's not something I'm worried about.

Besides, blue hats make for a better sight picture.
    Funniest thing I have heard in quite some time! haha
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links