Defensive Carry banner

Prediction if magazine capacity ban happens

4K views 49 replies 39 participants last post by  C hawk Glock 
#1 ·
I have been thinking this for quite awhile, but if we get a ban on normal capacity magazines I think it will shape and change what people conceal carry. Currently I carry 9mm over any other caliber because of capacity and shot placement ability. If you now give me 10+1 you will most likely see my .45's come into the rotation as I want to get the most out of every round. I think this will shape then calibers people will carry in the near future for sure. It may be cool to see 10mm come back too! A small Glock 10mm has a nice ring to it. Lets hope this thought process never comes to fruition, get involved and help stop the ban!

#33 ·
I was reading a thread on another forum but if someone gets arrested try to get on the jury and go for jury nullification. As for the Revolutionary War about a third where Tories, a third were indifferent, and a third actually fought and/or vocal in support.
Take a look at this court decision. It says we are allowed to have military style weapons because able bodied males are the militia. https://www.google.com/search?q=mil...e.0.57j0l3j62l2.3586&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

#36 ·
I do not accept infringements that affect me and I do not accept infringements that affect others and I do not accept infringements that will exempt me but not a future generation. The 2nd amendment "shall not be infringed" not now, not ever!

The line has been drawn.

Organism Font Art

Reactions: BugDude
#40 ·
Two thoughts.

First. Keep calling/writing/emailing your senators and reps. I believe the "universal background check" will be what they will ultimately go for. I believe that means registration which will not go well. A lot of people will, but it would make those of us who won't criminals. I am hoping the politicians realize how many business owners, professionals, squeeky clean folks, and more importantly to them contributors they would be making criminals.

Second. I know there are a lot of reasonable folks (meaning us) in New York, but if the pols think it is a good "test state" they might want to re-think. There is a lot of red in the middle of the country when you look at those electoral maps. There aren't nearly as many folks here that believe rights come from the government.

#42 ·
M

I think they know the ban won't go over so ur right on the checks....but then if they get that they will take it another step later. They will never be satisfied until complete control over all rights of the people.

#43 ·
if there is a ban on mags with more than ten rounds, you'll see a return to packing 10 rounds of anything into the smallest pistol possible.
Agree with previous posters that you will see a decline in the prices of the high cap guns like Glock 17/22 and a rise in sales of the smaller pistols holding 10 rounds.
Also, predict the 1911 will have a renewed interest, and wheel guns will come back into style.....especially those with 7 or 8 round cyclinders.

.....and pre-ban (if allowed this time) magazines will be selling for $150+.

I've lived through this once, so I'm speaking from experience as to what happened in 1994 after that joke of an AWB.

#47 ·
Well, if mag limits pass... I'll wear high capacity pants with tons of pockets for j-frames :shootin:

Reactions: BugDude
#49 ·
If I could get close enough I'd take a high capacity power dump on Feinstein's doorstep.

#48 ·
THAT is exactly how we got the baby Glocks.... Can only have 10 rounds; how small can we make a 10 round pistol :rofl:

I believe an acquaintance of mine wrote a book with that title........ "Unintended Consequences" :danceban:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.