Range time with G23, AK47, Hk93!

This is a discussion on Range time with G23, AK47, Hk93! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wow had an amazing day at the local outdoor range! Had a whole pavilion to ourselves for our shooting fun. Got some good work on ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nechaev
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Range time with G23, AK47, Hk93!

Wow had an amazing day at the local outdoor range! Had a whole pavilion to ourselves for our shooting fun.

Got some good work on the new Glock 23 Gen4. Put another 100 rounds of perfection throught it. Used some Winchesters. Man it shoots like a friggin dream. Accuracy is so impressive. Littered a tiny paper plate with bullet holes at 16.5 yards, double tapping with the follow up shots.

Then the real fun came

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359868818.396249.jpg

Got to shoot the Saiga AK47 too. To say that thing was amazing is an understatement. Blasting clay discs on the hill 50 yards away.

Next got to shoot the HK 93 .556. Didn't take pic at range but this was from before we left. (Note: no rounds are loaded in mag)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359868789.638528.jpg

Was also a blast to shoot. Especially with the red dot tactical sight was able to lock in dead on to whatever you pleased. Was amazed however at how heavy the front of the rifle was. At first was having a hell of a time trying to keep the beast steady! Mad props to the soldiers that carry and shoot those weapons every day to protect our nation.

As we cleaned up from a great day at the range we had one last pleasure to enjoy. A gentlemen set up next to us on the 300 yard range with a .50 caliber sniper rifle, even had his own scout.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359868755.566470.jpg

That bad boy is so powerful it took the air out of our lungs when it was fired. And if we didn't have ears on we would assuredly be deaf. Amazing power

Here's to hoping every day at the range is as fun and exciting as this one! Happy and safe shooting everyone
    Last edited by FLGlocker23; February 3rd, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

I'm glad you had a wonderful day. Keep up the good work!
    FLGlocker23 likes this.

Very cool! A day at the range is always a good day.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats, sounds like a good time was had by all. One of my favorite ways to fill a day, man I really wish ammo would come back in stock!!!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Congrats, sounds like a good time was had by all. One of my favorite ways to fill a day, man I really wish ammo would come back in stock!!!
    I know right. And for a good price. Have to sell my left kidney to go to the range these days.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "That bad boy is so powerful it took the air out of our lungs when it was fired."

That reminds me of teh time in AK when I was enjoying a pleasant afternoon of shooting. Suddenly a shot about blew me off my shooting bench. The guy next to me had broken out his .458 Win Magnum he carried for the big Brownies. Talk about a blast! Literally! Needless to say, he didn't shoot it a lot.
    FLGlocker23 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsored Links