Range Time? - Page 3

Range Time?

This is a discussion on Range Time? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I go at least 2-3 times per month, or as much as I can afford, and spend anywhere form 1-2 hours there. It's private club. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Range Time?

RKM
    I go at least 2-3 times per month, or as much as I can afford, and spend anywhere form 1-2 hours there. It's private club. Rarely is it busy, which is a good thing. I can usually shoot in private and have the range to myself on most occasions. That's nice because then people won't give me weird looks when I run drills Lately though, I just haven't had the ammo to go. It's really getting on my nerves that I can't find any ammo to buy. I have ammo, but 3 or 4 range trips, I may be out. I'm trying to conserve as much as I can and it's really effecting my range trips.

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    How much time do you spend at the shooting range? Do you go a public range, have your own, or a private club type range and is it indoors or outside?

We have a very popular indoor range about 10 minutes from me. It is so popular that when I showed yesterday for the first shooting of my new Shield, I was told there was a 90 minute wait and they are closed today. Weekdays would be difficult because of my work schedule.

There is another indoor range about 45 minutes north of me that is open today so that might be an option.

I have been told from several people that range time is very important, but how much time do people really put in?
    Less time now than I ever have in the past. I use public ranges and private. My public ranges are closer, and my private ranges cost me in two ways.......fuel and yearly membership fees. Bottom line? I pay for days alone at the range since I don't own 100 acres myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links