Normal level of addiction....

This is a discussion on Normal level of addiction.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My addiction is growing, too. Right now i'm torn between another pistol in .45 or one of those 5.56 assault weapons....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Normal level of addiction....

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    My addiction is growing, too.

Right now i'm torn between another pistol in .45 or one of those 5.56 assault weapons.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If you buy a gun with a single, un-alterating purpose, then buy one gun in one caliber. If you buy a gun for the enjoyment of shooting, then take out a second mortgage.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't think there is a "12 step" or recovery program for this one.

I know. If there were, hubby would have been enrolled a long time ago.

Just kidding....there are worse addictions.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Yarg28 View Post
    When I decided to carry, my strategy was to pick one gun, one caliber, one round, and be well trained and practiced at just that "system".

I began to educate myself in all aspects. Along the way I stumbled across different styles of handguns that were all appealing. Then I got stuck reading ammo debates. Then I clicked on a link about HD shotguns. Then I saw some sweet AR-15's (Wilson combat anybody?") I had never ever even considered an AR. Then I decided I needed a BUG, which was an acronym that I had NEVER EVEN HEARD before.

Now, I'm reading about flashlights. my first reaction is.."are you crazy? No way I'm fronting that kind of cabbage for a flashlight!" Then about 20 minutes later, "well, they are kind of sweet."

I go to my "armory" and the single S&W M&P seems like its just not enough!

This has to be normal?! Right?
    NO, this is not "normal" at all!

You are an addict and this is an intervention.

Step one for a speedy recovery is to transfer all your guns and ammo to me. PM me so that we can make the transfer arrangements.

Once you have successfully completed step one, we will move on to step 2. I rather not go into too much detail about the other steps until we are positive that you are committed to taking your recovery seriously by completing step one. Step one will help us build trust but you have to be willing to take the first step towards your recovery.

You are not alone, I am here to help.
    Bark'n, Spirit51 and gregnsc like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    My addiction is so bad I need another safe.
    BugDude and blanco64 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Normal for our culture.

Before firearms, it was computers. EXPENSIVE hobby. Wife couldn't stand it. Firearms took over. IMO, there's nothing more fun and reliable? AND SHE CAUGHT ON!!!! You ever try to explain a simple computer function to your wife or girlfriend? But safety, four fundamentals, and wham!, squeeze trigger, go boom! She's a natural! Range buddy all the way!

So right now, I keep asking myself why I need two TLR-1s! After the first one, heck, you gotta have a holster to accommodate! Got ANOTHER holster, but fitted for a TLR-1. But now my other Glock feels lonely. That's my primary IDPA gun. Don't need it but she looks so left out. Heck! My struggle!

Ebay has been my friend through all of this. Great finds and awesome prices. You gotta have patience because you will eventually find that item for the price you are willing to pay, guarantee! Saved a lot of money, LOL!!!

My new must have, gotta have, no one will be happy if I don't have firearm? Kriss Vector CRB. My justification; I am a Glock guy, .45 ACP guy. The moon and stars have aligned perfectly and there is a scroll somewhere that explains this. It's a path I can't stray from!

WE ARE NORMAL!
    Yarg28 and msgt/ret like this.
    Red-Leg

And at some point you will find yourself with a 2'x2'x2' box FULL of every type and style holster for each of your guns...and you'll end up mostly using the el cheapo holster you started with...most likely with the 1st gun you bought too.

Welcome to the club.
    Yarg28 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

We need to have a meeting:

Hi, my name is BugDude and I'm addicted to owning numerous firearms.

WELCOME BugDude!!! Donuts and coffee are on the table in the back of the room.
    Jdunn217 and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

After I bought my AR last october I said this is the last gun I will buy. Tomorrow I will be looking at a lever action rifle I ordered last week. Hmm, I think this will be the last gun I will ever buy?

Yes its an addiction and no known cure. The only thing you can do is buy more guns and ammo and shoot and repeat as needed. Enjoy and welcome to the club.

Four years ago I did not own one gun. Then I bought 4 Glocks, an AR, a precision rifle, a hunting rifle, and a shotgun. Sadly, I lost them all over the side of our boat when a rogue wave hit us. Now I just hang out here for entertainment.
    blanco64 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    After I bought my AR last october I said this is the last gun I will buy. Tomorrow I will be looking at a lever action rifle I ordered last week. Hmm, I think this will be the last gun I will ever buy?

Yes, the infamous "This is the last one". I am a victim myself. LOL There's a Glock 26 around the corner somewhere FOR MY WIFE. LOL Truth be told, in my mind, she's not going to want it and precious will be all mine. She will more than likely flip the script and love it. LOL Do I need it? YEAH, back up gun, DUH! Do I have one already? Well, yeahbut...
    Red-Leg

I use to go in a couple of gun stores, just to see what new kind of guns they got in.Honestly,i had to stop doing that.If i see something, i really like and can afford it,i have zero will power.
    BugDude likes this.

It is normal if 50.1% of people do it. I'm fine with not being normal lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I don't think there is a "12 step" or recovery program for this one.

I know. If there were, hubby would have been enrolled a long time ago.

Just kidding....there are worse addictions.
    There is a 12 step program.
    1. .17
    2. .22lr
    3. 22mag
    4. .380
    5. 9mm
    6. .38 (give or take a + as you like)
    7. .357
    8. .40
    9. .45
    10. .50
    11. .223