Gun shops out of control - Page 3

Gun shops out of control

This is a discussion on Gun shops out of control within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "So I was in a LGS when they had shields in stock TWICE in one week. " Only in a dream could this happen to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Gun shops out of control

"So I was in a LGS when they had shields in stock TWICE in one week. "

Only in a dream could this happen to me. The fact that they got more than one shield is astonishing.

"You gotta take time off work to go. Anything after hours or weekends is just insane."

Yeah, i lurk at stores as frequently as possible during the week. I'm trying to be patient because I know it will be worth it.

Everything is out of control now. Who's going to step up and take control? Actually...I'm sick and tired of looking at it...watching it.....and dealing with it. All of the gougers out there are living on borrowed time.

Honestly it's bad on their part because people will remember and in the year(s) to come they will probably see a decline in business compared to before the frenzy. There is a local store by me and their prices are always higher and it is a last resort for everyone I know. I was in there last week just looking for cleaning brushes and they had a used Walther P99 AS compact for $749! Bud's sells it for $575 new, I dang near started laughing when the guy told me the price.

Be patient... Nothing much will happen... and around Christmas time... there will be a whole lot of neat stuff for sale pretty cheap.

I was at a Gander Mountain the other day to look at a couple possible carry guns for my wife. I was there for nearly an hour and just had to leave because a customer was buying a gun, and wanted to look at holsters ammo and the ONE associate they had was helping him with all of it the entire time I was at the counter. I was among about six men that were looking through the case at guns and wound up shrugging our shoulders and walking away. This was on the lunch hour, so I'm assuming that 6 months ago one associate was more than enough to handle whoever stopped in to window shop. In my opinion a store like Gander should be staffing more in the firearms area considering it's constantly a madhouse there.

At my local small gun store it's a similar story, always packed and if anyone actually buys it basically stops everything in the store while that person goes through the paperwork. I don't fault the small stores for this though. I'm usually cursing the government and liberal democrats that are causing this craziness in the first place. The small gun stores can't help that they aren't staffed for this huge increase in demand. I usually see the extra time in the store as an excuse to talk shop with other gun owners and browse at whatever else they might actually have in stock.

i totally understand the intimidating feeling it is to buy your first firearm. ALL of us were there at one point. I am lucky enough to have a local gun shop near me that is the opposite of what you are dealing with. I fully support local business as much as i can. Even thou i have a brand new cabelas ten min from my house i wont buy a firearm there. They have the worst service i have seen. Going with a friend to make his first firearm purchase he was treated very poorly. He was talked down to and treated like a little kid. Instead of helping him to figure out what he wanted they rushed him along. My local gun shop is ran by guys who truly love guns and want you have the best understanding of what you are getting even if that doesn't mean getting the sale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links