Range time with my new S&W M&P 22

This is a discussion on Range time with my new S&W M&P 22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got back from the Range. I started by shooting my Sig 239 before switching to a Kel-Tec PF9 that I had bought a couple ...

Thread: Range time with my new S&W M&P 22

Range time with my new S&W M&P 22

Just got back from the Range. I started by shooting my Sig 239 before switching to a Kel-Tec PF9 that I had bought a couple of months ago for a BUG then transitioning to the M&P 22 I bought last week for cheaper range time. I put about 150 rounds through the gun without a single hitch. The M&P is a full size pistol and the weight and feel of the gun was great. My only complaint is the gun comes new with only on magazine. The only ammo I had was Remington high velocity bullet 36 grain, I wil try to find some others to try next time. It was interesting to go from the muzzle flip and recoil of the PF9 to the M&P 22. If anyone is looking for a 22 handgun I would highly recommend the M&P. I know it will not be as accurate as the MarkIII and others but it was all in the 10 ring from 30 feet unless I pulled it out.

2. Remove Ads

I picked one up about a week ago. Still can't find ammo though lol :(

Can't wait to shoot it. I rented one for my son about 8 months ago and he loved it.

Glad you had a good day at the range. Nice range report.

So far that was the ammo that I got to work best in mine. I'm curious to see your success with other ammo. Federal Bulk 550 packs and Federal match 325 packs didn't reliably cycle my MP22. The CCI worked well though, but like 84jeepjohn said, I haven't had much luck finding ammo, just some crummy subsonic stuff I can use in a revolver is all I got. :(

(A) Love my M&P22...

(B) I haven't been shopping lately -- Even 22LR is impossible to find...? Holy crap.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Don't want to wake things up, but a recent outing to the range found the same as above -- Federal 22LR was terrible in this thing. Totally unreliable. It *did* work well in my SR22 (although I think I've yet to have a non-fire scenario with that gun no matter what I'm throwing in). Couldn't figure out exactly what was happening, but everything else I had went through fine -- CCI, Remington, even a bunch of 15-year old Winchester Wildcat. But not the Federal... Couldn't even get 10 rounds in a row to come through.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

I ended up selling mine this month and got a Ruger Mark III Competition (pic). Easily handled rapid firing subsonic rounds. The only thing that I wish was that the barrel was threaded. Given that it will be a while before I am able to justify getting a can, I'm content.

The M&P22 is a fine firearm if you have one that cycles ammo, but if not, it becomes quite frustrating.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Great to hear you had a good outing.

Links