Casual Shooting Days Are Gone

This is a discussion on Casual Shooting Days Are Gone within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been on the hunt for 9mm, 357 mag and 30-06 ammo around my area and no luck! I was just at Cabelas three ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Casual Shooting Days Are Gone

I have been on the hunt for 9mm, 357 mag and 30-06 ammo around my area and no luck! I was just at Cabelas three days ago and the shelves were really bare Walmart as well. I cant even find WWB..

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Stocking ammo is good idea. Just wish I could afford to stock it faster. Heck ive even played around with the idea of getting a reloading set up but I dont know much about it and not sure how much that would help if they think to mess with prices of supplies to do it with. Powder bullets etc.
    Yes, the cost is expensive right now depending on what you want to shoot and what kind of press you want. I just started reloading with a Hornady progressive and love it. Heading to the range tomorrow to try out some bullet/powder combos and see what I like. I got lucky and have everything I need for a little while at least.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

I dont have much trouble finding 223 or 5.56, just takes patience. My wife and I went to Wally World the other night and picked up 6 boxes of American Eagle .223 for 8$ a box. Bass Pro had a shelf full of GI 5.56x45 at 9$ a box, I think thats what its always been. Target 38 and 45 isn't as easy but plenty of SD rounds.

I got a Lee Breechlock kit, 223 and 38 dies a few days ago, I have everything but primers now! All my cases are sized and de-primed ready and waiting...

Stopped by my local Meijers and Walmart...the only 'handgun' ammo either had was 22mag/short and a box or two of 25acp.
    They did have some 30/30, 270, and 30-06 rifle available...but at higher prices.
    I'm thinking that it will take 6 months before the current ammo shortages ease.
    Of course, further political pressure could renew/increase the present panic buying.
    I know I've cut back on my range time.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

This is why mil-surp rifles are so worth having. You can still find surplus 7.62X54r and 8mm Mauser with relative ease. Bonus: the actual rifles are cheap too, and typically pretty accurate within iron sight distances.

About 8 years ago I got into reloading,with stiock piled primers and powder the only ammo I can't reload is 22LR,I reloaded 600 rounds of 9mm for a friend for $90
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links