Casual Shooting Days Are Gone

This is a discussion on Casual Shooting Days Are Gone within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; when there gun bans don't work they will try taxing bullets. i can see this already happening ammo prices have skyrocketed and Obama will find ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Casual Shooting Days Are Gone

when there gun bans don't work they will try taxing bullets. i can see this already happening ammo prices have skyrocketed and Obama will find a way to tax bullets to the hilt. better hold on to what you got for awhile.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

That's why you can't find 22LR ammo. Everybody's keeping their larger ammo.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Stocking ammo is good idea. Just wish I could afford to stock it faster. Heck ive even played around with the idea of getting a reloading set up but I dont know much about it and not sure how much that would help if they think to mess with prices of supplies to do it with. Powder bullets etc.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

O BS

I checked Walmart and Academy today. They've got nothing but a few boxes of 12 gauge. Academy had some 10mm and that was it. I'm going to try and find some .44mag/spl and maybe more .38/.357 at a local Gun store tomorrow. They usually have stock when no one else has it. I'm crossing my fingers I can even find some ammo for the gun I just bought. I've got a few thousand for my others stockpiled but like you said, casual shooting is out of the question till ammo shows back up in normal quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    That's why you can't find 22LR ammo. Everybody's keeping their larger ammo.
    Shop online at Cabella's...just bought some .22 mag...and no limit on purchases.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It just takes patience. Wife and I have bought close to a thousand rounds each over the last couple of weeks from Walmart. Gotta love those big 100 round bonus packs!

BTW - why is this in the "Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments" section? 0,o

because its a big problem and i would like your comments.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

I don't agree. Fortunately 12 ga ammo is abundant and a box of target load is still $5.54. I just came upon a nice deal on royal 00 $2.64 a box. If ammo prices were really going up and not based on supply and demand my 12 ga ammo would be up as well. I actually just picked up a case of 80 00 for $70. Cheaperthedirt listed that same case at $84. I was surprised it was cheaper then the website. I'm glad for whatever reason people don't want shotgun ammo.

That's why I love my 357 SIG. I'm the only kid on my block that has one, so now it's easier to find than 9mm.

Funny, isn't it? We cuss those who hoard, because it prevents us from hoarding ourselves.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I bought a laser target for mine, works great - I just don't get to practice with recoil, but it's free and can be done in my home (extra bonus when it's -30 windchill outside). I also bought a couple pellet rifles and a pellet trap, it's fun and lets me work on my long gun skills.

at this time if you can find any ammo i would buy it. ammo is now the new gold.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Keep the faith, brother. I think we'll weather this storm.

I used to go out every three weeks and shoot 200 rounds. Ammo (.40 cal), range time and targets were about $75. I figured $25/week was fair enough to keep improving my skills and have a little fun. I haven't been out to the range for two months now. It's not just the crazy prices, but the inability to find ammo. That really sucks. I still do a lot of dry practice in my basement, but it doesn't replace real shooting. Hopefully things get back to a better normal soon.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    It just takes patience. Wife and I have bought close to a thousand rounds each over the last couple of weeks from Walmart. Gotta love those big 100 round bonus packs!

BTW - why is this in the "Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments" section? 0,o
    Moved to better suited forum for the topic.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links