Is this odd?

Is this odd?

This is a discussion on Is this odd? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is it odd that I have several rounds and weapons for a series of different scenarios and places I intend to go...such as seasons and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is this odd?

Is this odd?

Is it odd that I have several rounds and weapons for a series of different scenarios and places I intend to go...such as seasons and either to a store or vacation, or camping?

It's odd in the sense that I don't understand it.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    We all have different weapons and rounds for different scenarios and seasons.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Is this odd?

It's not odd in the least.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    It's odd in the sense that I don't understand it.
    I basically have a weapon for each scenario such as home invasion in the day, night. Quick run to the store. Vacation, or a day out hiking...and I have a certain ammo for each as well for the seasons, population, situation etc. basically I do a lot of thought before picking a weapon to holster. "Right tool for the job" so to speak

My Glock-36 does ALL that and more...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

LOL Any excuse to get another gun... Seriously Firearms are tools. Most people understand that some guns are like a leatherman tool, and can fill several rolls, and some folks have a complete tool box, a different firearm best suited for each task.
    BigCityChief likes this.

Indeed, thanks for the reassurance guys. I'm trying to narrow my stock to a select few so I can just rely on one weapon. So far, my glock 30 does pretty much everything since I am out alot

Distinguished Member
    Ya I find it odd, kinda over thinking it IMO.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

GH
    Not particularly odd but as for me I only have one firearm at this time & don't have that luxury. I have to make do with what I have due to financial constraints. I stock only 3 types of ammo - practice FMJ, HST 180gr & Gold Dot 165gr.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I may be a bit of a simpleton, and certainly have been accused of such over the years, but I just don't categorize my collection like that.

When I started purchasing guns I bought one I liked -- a 4" Model 66 with custom grips that looked cool, worked great, felt good in my hands and I really enjoy shooting it. Since then I've bought, sold and traded a few others. The guns I have -- from .22's to 12 gauges -- are guns I like and use, and would use in the event of a situation. I carry what I feel like carrying on a given day, which could be a 9mm or a .45 just depends, and I don't think through scenario's other than my normal SA, a radar that's up and running all the time.

So if someone bursts into my home, they'll meet the business end of the Model 66 or a 12 gauge, whichever is handiest depending on where I am in the house. If I'm on the street and someone threatens me or my loved ones, they'll either feel the burn of a 9mm or a .45, depending on what I felt like holstering up that day.

Beyond that, I just don't think through things too deeply. So call me simple.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I'm with GH: the only odd part is someone having the dough to be able to do that.

For those of our readers who can afford it - good for you for the good decisions you've made to put you financially where you are!

I'm still digging out...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can see having an EDC and a little pocket something for when you just want to run out to gas up the car. But different ammos for different seasons, etc., is sort of silly.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I can see having an EDC and a little pocket something for when you just want to run out to gas up the car. But different ammos for different seasons, etc., is sort of silly.
    The reasons for different Amos for seasons, climates, etc is clothing considerations. It's hard to find a round that can do everything so I balance out the desire for penetration with the desire for max expansion. This especially is a consideration in shorter barrels where you lose up to fifty fps per inch from five inches

MSZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    I'm with GH: the only odd part is someone having the dough to be able to do that.

For those of our readers who can afford it - good for you for the good decisions you've made to put you financially where you are!

I'm still digging out...
    Been there, done that, now retired.
    For me, not wanting more debt than a mortgage, I remember seeing and wanting the Colt Python .357 I saw at K-Mart on my lunch hour 40 years ago, instead I needed a 2nd car MORE and bought that. That was my keeping true to controlling "wants and needs" in my trip through this earthly body.

Keep digging my friend - your self control is commendable, you will be rewarded!
    1 John 2:16 "For all that is in the world,the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links