Home on the range -N. MI winter

This is a discussion on Home on the range -N. MI winter within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A few pics from yesterday my girl and I out shooting despite a bit of snow falling. We shot the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By rocky

Thread: Home on the range -N. MI winter

Lead Moderator

A few pics from yesterday my girl and I out shooting despite a bit of snow falling. We shot the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 and my newest addition a M&P 40f. Both worked fine and it felt good to get out and fire a bit , rather than thinking of the doom and gloom of politics.
    J had picked up some new targets that Recoil mag had for sale so we trudged out back through a foot or two of snow. Since we were shooting a smaller than usual amount of ammo we spit one target taking opposite sides . After J decided she had to find the brass from the .40 as I reload. My suggestion to wait till spring thaw was ignored as she dug through the snow finding all but 4 casings.
    While sifting for brass we could heard a coyote howling , possibly responding to our Shepard who was barking (from the house ) at the gunfire. All in all a great break from day to day routine.
    Attached Images
    DJC7, Alex_C, QKShooter and 1 others like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I love "pictures" of guns and snow. I just dont like the snow part......Brrrrrrrr From Florida( in shorts!!!!)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Good for you. Pushing 80 here today.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Nice!

I too live in northern MI and every day I get off I want to go shooting, but lately it's been too cold for me. My thermometer is reading 2 digits right now though, I forgot it could do that...

Brace for another 6" of the white stuff tomorrow rocky! I'll be sheltering at home enjoying the view.

I always go back in the spring for my brass up here.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Lead Moderator
    Yeah , private range so no real worries in finding brass. Looks like more snow in our winter wonderland. Snowshoes may be needed for the next venture :)
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Looks like fun!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

WHAT IS THIS SNOW YOU SPEAK OF.LOL It's 80 degrees down here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Brrrr
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Send some of that snow down here, we need some! (Not in the CO mountains but here on the plains).
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Administrator
    Neat Pics Rocky. It looks just about like that here also though only about half as much snow on the ground that you have got.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    You are a slave driver rocky, making her pick up even the .22 cases!
    How could you, a girl could break a nail doing that!

Glad you were able to brave the inclement weather.
    I on the other hand am a sissy, and will wait for it to warm up.
    spec(my nephew) is having a CPL class here (at my house) in March, and it might still be too cold for me to venture out to shoot then!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Looks like fun except for the white stuff. Ill wait for a little warmer weather.

I'm in northern MI also (NW lower; Torch Lake area); not quite as brave as you though (probably old age!). My winter shooting has been limited to breaking in a new Sig P938; albeit out the truck window on a private range! No, I didn't pick up the casings!

Links