yeah i'm braggin...

This is a discussion on yeah i'm braggin... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally scored some decent ammo yesterday. Gander Mt had their usual February gun sale and I guess theyve been holding ammo back for a few ...

Thread: yeah i'm braggin...

yeah i'm braggin...

Finally scored some decent ammo yesterday. Gander Mt had their usual February gun sale and I guess theyve been holding ammo back for a few weeks since their shelves were bare all that time. If you have a gander around you might still be worth checking today if you an go early.

I got a hot tip from an "insider" that they would be stocked well so I got there 10 minutes before they opened. There were 70+ people there! The grapevine runs deep these days.

Anyway, I got the minimums. 100rd boxes for $29.99. I let the lines completely die down and went up and asked how long I had to wait to get more. The guy says I have to wait until the next day. Ok, i get that sort of. But as he was telling me this policy, there was some guy that had brought 5 friends with him and he was literally passing his credit card from one to the next and telling them exactly what to buy. I know people work the system but I felt like letting him do that was far worse than me actually being fair and letting the line die down. At least i was up front about it and I wasnt changing coats and putting on a hat.

I called my wife and had her go out and get what she could. Then about 20 minutes before closing we went back in to buy a small safe. I went back to check and they STILL HAD AMMO! Lots. So i bought some more.

Went back this morning and bought more when they opened. (just walked out).

I'm no hoarder, But I havent had any 9mm to practice with for a month. Now I just have to be disciplined and not shoot it all in one weekend.

I wanted to brag because I keep reading about people getting their new guns and ammo deals and my string of luck has been bad. Plus, i figured some people may want to hit gander.

1200 9mm (i know, not a lot for some people)
    1050 22lr (plink, plink, plink)

end of brag.

2. Remove Ads

Kudos to you...
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "...there was some guy that had brought 5 friends with him and he was literally passing his credit card from one to the next and telling them exactly what to buy."

Ammo whores.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Seems like the log jam on 9mm locally is loosened up some. I've gone into the local Walmart three days in a row and they always have about fifty boxes of 9mm. Only one brand but plenty of it, little of anything else. No 22 ammo for several weeks but lots of different shotgun ammo in just about any variety you would want.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

VIP Member
    Last year had lots of ammo for sale with no lines to stand in.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Congrats!

I tried 5 local places. Nobody had .22lr, 9mm, 5.56/.223, .45ACP or even .38spl (well, 1 had a box of critical defense).

Crazy times.

If people would stop panic buying, the shelves would start to fill up again.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Amen to the "if they would stop panic buying"

Went into my LGS yesterday and he had an M&P Shield in the case (impossible to find around here) and 2 p mags on the rack. Felt like November until I looked and he was out of 9mm! Oh well. A couple weeks ago I walked out of walmart with 7 boxes of 9mm. Right place, right time I guess.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

i walk into LGS all week long...about 8 of them...just hoping one will have a Shield. Never any. makes me cry a little inside, every day.

Links