this makes your blood boil-- anti-judge

This is a discussion on this makes your blood boil-- anti-judge within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by quantum36 Some good news for Nov 8. According to the Salt Lake Tribune, judge "Leslie Lewis" has been VOTED OFF THE BENCH! ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: this makes your blood boil-- anti-judge

Quote Originally Posted by quantum36 View Post
    Some good news for Nov 8.

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, judge "Leslie Lewis" has been
    VOTED OFF THE BENCH!
    Awesome! Now if we could just do the same with the rest of her ilk, Senators Feinslime, Komrade Klinton, Ted Kennedy the murderer, Chuck the Schmuck, etc.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
    - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

2. Remove Ads

Ding dong the witch is dead! Utah is still gun-friendly and a great place!

wow..........she was like a weird mixture of judge judy and hitler. It actually felt like i was watching a tape of a criminal caught in the act. And im not talking about the hunter.
    She even said that she was prejudiced toward killing bambi. Fine that means she can make no ruling. What gives her the right to demand people listen to her little don't hurt the furry woodland creature speech. And its Utah. I'll bet the bailiff secretly thinks shes a word i cant say on this forum. And hes right.
    If hilary becomes president... idont know what i'll do. I can't move my guns to canada or mexico. I'm scared guys, tell me it will be ok...
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    I'm scared guys, tell me it will be ok...
    Sorry Mac... no sheeple effect for you. We just deal with it one day at a time...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

This is great....Here's the link. http://www.sltrib.com/search/ci_4621589

Third District Judge Leslie Lewis ousted
    By Lisa Rosetta
    The Salt Lake Tribune
    Article Last Updated:11/08/2006 01:43:30 AM MST

Third District Judge Leslie Lewis and Grand County Justice Court Judge Paul C. Cox were voted off the bench Tuesday, becoming the third and fourth judges ousted since Utah adopted a retention election system in 1985. I love it, Don't mess w/ gun owners.
    Lewis came under fire by Gun Owners of Utah, as well as an anonymous group that posted a Web site, after she berated the brother of a man accused of poaching a deer. She also is being investigated for allegedly changing a sex offender's sentence without telling prosecutors. Throw her in jail.
    Lewis will serve until her term ends Dec. 31, said state courts spokeswoman Nancy Volmer. Said N.W. Clayton, spokesman for Gun Owners of Utah: "We helped make some of Utah's deer hunters and gun owners aware of the fact that she was expressing extreme prejudice against a lawful activity that many of them engage in."A job well done.
    Attorneys who publicly supported Lewis said the community is losing a competent, experienced judge. Experience in what, exactly? Misuse of power maybe?
    "I just don't like the way this one was done," said attorney Greg Skordas. "I felt it was underhanded." The citizens spoke out and she's gone.
    Attorney Dan Berman worries Lewis' defeat sets a bad precedent. "It's very easy in the world we live in to have judges make unpopular decisions that may be very much an appropriate decision or one that you would want a judge to make independent, free of punishment." Yes her decision was very inappropriate and she was voted off the island :P
    Cox, meanwhile, was not certified forretention by the Utah Judicial Council. Twenty-four district and juvenile court judges and 37 justice court judges were retained, as were two of Utah's five Supreme Court justices, according to unofficial returns at press time.
    Court dismissed Judge Lewis, or should I say Mrs. Lewis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links