They're not coming for your guns

This is a discussion on They're not coming for your guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...unless you live in California. Tonight on AC360: California goes after illegal guns ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs I watched this. The officer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: They're not coming for your guns

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

Thumbs down They're not coming for your guns

...unless you live in California.

Tonight on AC360: California goes after illegal guns ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

I watched this. The officer said, these people are felons, doctors, lawyers, everyone in between. They confiscated a S&W 500 because it is a .50 caliber. Illegal in CA. They confiscated legally purchased rifles from people with temporary restraining orders. The reporter said one man had several misdemeanor convictions.

Bonus- they confiscated ammo too!

2. Remove Ads

No..... they'll declair us as terrorists and kill us with Drones.

Re: They're not coming for your guns

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    No..... they'll declair us as terrorists and kill us with Drones.
    Sadly this.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

From the article:
    "There are about 40,000 illegally owned guns in California. They're owned by people from all walks of life who have been ordered to turn in their firearms for a number of different reasons, but they havenít come forward."

If the people they took the weapons from have them illegally what's the problem??
    rottkeeper and Hopyard like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

California Sucks. Thank god i don't liv there. i have several 50 Cals. A Couple BMG rifles, Beowulf rifle and a S&W pistol...

VIP Member
    Without gun registration they wouldn't know who has what.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Has what?lol

Ironic isnt it? they are more concerned about a citizen who might have an illegal gun than they are about illegals entering the country....sad really!

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogertc1 View Post
    California Sucks. Thank god i don't liv there. i have several 50 Cals. A Couple BMG rifles, Beowulf rifle and a S&W pistol...
    But, did you lose all of them in a boating accident?
    Jemsaal likes this.

If they truly go after 'illegal' guns, meaning ones owned illegally according to the 80% of the rest of the country, great.

But that's not gonna happen, so...

It will be interesting to see how the different state's standards work out though all this. I think a new red-blue divide is in the making.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    There are about 40,000 illegally owned guns in California. They're owned by people from all walks of life who have been ordered to turn in their firearms for a number of different reasons, but they havenít come forward. So special agents from California's Justice Departmentís Bureau of Firearms are going after them to seize the weapons.

California tracks gun owners who have convictions using a database system thatís unique to the state. Itís helped them confiscate thousands of guns.

Registration --> tracking, followed by declaration of this or that as "illegal" = means of confiscation.

And the CA DOJ is showing how against confiscation the troops would be: not very, not when refusal would be tantamount to termination for cause from that job. Ability to feed your family becomes a very potent weapon, despite one's view on the unconstitutionality of such things. Reality is: if someone's willing to step up to enforce it (at the point of a gun), it's enforceable. Even if you sue and win in court at some future date, your stuff is gone.

Recipe for the gun-grabbers elsewhere? Yup.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

what's California's law on Soda.....just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Trooperc7 View Post
    Ironic isnt it? they are more concerned about a citizen who might have an illegal gun than they are about illegals entering the country....sad really!
    There is a very simple explanation for that: illegal aliens are a political opportunity for them, our guns are a political threat to them.

I hope I don't get droned for posting this.
    Armatus Carry Solutions: Custom Kydex Holsters, mag pouches, and accessories.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    From the article:
    "There are about 40,000 illegally owned guns in California. They're owned by people from all walks of life who have been ordered to turn in their firearms for a number of different reasons, but they haven’t come forward."

If the people they took the weapons from have them illegally what's the problem??
    "Illegal" is a funny term isn't it? One man bought many firearms over the years. His ex places a temporary restraining order on him. It is now illegal to purchase a firearm. CA confiscates all his guns. The police say he can come get them when the order is lifted.

Did you catch the part about confiscating ammunition? Can someone tell me what is illegal about an adult possessing ammo?

The point is the things that make you illegal in CA don't fit neatly into the second amendment and are legal in 49 other states. It's is where the Progressives are headed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links