Anybody have first hand FNH experience?

This is a discussion on Anybody have first hand FNH experience? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My FNX45 is very nice and very accurate. Getting 15 in the mag. is tough without a loader....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Anybody have first hand FNH experience?

My FNX45 is very nice and very accurate. Getting 15 in the mag. is tough without a loader.

2. Remove Ads

I have an FNH FNP45 Tactical and it's thoroughly badass! Extremely accurate, soft shooting for a .45 and as reliable as death and taxes. It has a threaded barrel and extra tall Trijicon HD sights that are visible over the top of a suppressor. My Surefire X300 Ultra fits it perfectly. I can't think of anything legitimate to criticize about the gun save the size- it's a bit big to carry, but of course I knew that when I bought it. Right now it's my main HD gun.

The sucky thing is that there are basically no mags out there for it. FNH has been OOS since the gun game out. However it did ship with 3 mags. I think all of the FNH's do.
    JulesWinnfield likes this.

I carry a FNP45 Tactical on duty and also have a FNS9. They're both great guns - accurate, reliable, and rugged.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

x2 on the toughness on loading all 15rds in there, but once you do, WOAH what a gun! FNX-45 all the way!

DSC_4621.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

Cool Magazine loader

Quote Originally Posted by OldGrumpy View Post
    Just bought FNX-9. I chose because of ambidextrous features. Chose over a Glock because it just felt better. Gun shop owner gave a great recommendation. Only negative is it is impossible to fully load 17 rounds in the magazines without a magazine loader, which I intend to buy.
    I own a FNX-9 and I purchased a Uplula magazine loader and I load 17 rounds in each of my three magazines with ease, this loader is the best thing since ice cream!

I bought an FNX9 Two-Tone brand new from the factory for $499, I love this gun much more than I ever liked my Glocks

VIP Member
    FNP45 tactical….with Trijicon RMR. Well made & accurate!
    Attached Images
    JulesWinnfield and tubadude like this.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

FN has been making great guns since 1889 including guns designed by John Moses Browning. FN is a subsidiary of the Belgian Herstal Group, which also owns U.S. Repeating Arms Company (Winchester) and Browning Arms Company. I have owned their FN-FAL 7.62X51 rifle and their FNH FN FiveseveN 5.7X28mm handgun. I currently own a FNX-45 Tactical which is one of my rural carry guns.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by outawack View Post
    I bought an FNX9 Two-Tone brand new from the factory for $499, I love this gun much more than I ever liked my Glocks
    Sacrilege!!

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

jill-greenberg-crying-photoshopped-babies-end-times-17.jpg Top of my wish list for 2014 FNX-40 (I am so jealous)
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarg28 View Post
    I'm still learning my way around the "inventory". I keep seeing FNH guns and they look and feel very nice. When I checked out their web site they seemed pretty legit.

Anybody have first hand experience with any of their guns?

Thanks.
    FNH has been around for years. They are based in Belgium, but their US head office is in Virginia, and their mfg plant is about 15 min from my house here in SC. The company I work for is a licensed FNH dealer for class II/III for LE/military. I'm a big fan of FN in general. I wouldn't mind having one of their .45s sooner or later, and maybe a FiveSeveN
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I have a FNX9 and it is the best gun that I've ever owned, I've had just about every Sig, from 45 ACP down to 380, along with Gocks, G19, G22,and G23, along with a couple of other makes, the FNX9 is rated as the 10th best gun to buy for 2014, here is the web site: Top 10 Best 9mm Pistols you can buy in 2014 | TopTensWorld.

my #1 personal firearm is an FNH Five-seveN. Ammo has been surprisingly easy to find. If you've never fired 5.7x28mm, I recommend it. It's like the power of a 9mm with the stupid easy shootability of a 22LR. The switch layout is unconventional, but I've gotten so used to it that I'm now wishing all guns were laid out in the same way. But the pistol itself; it's VERY light and VERY well made. Hard to think of a plastic gun as a "work of art", but the fit and finish is immaculate.

And it damned well better be, seeing as it cost $1200!!!

I had an FNX-40 and absolutely loved it. But about 6 months later I decided to transition to 9mm as my standard round and sold the FNX. A few months ago I picked up an FNS-9 and it really is a great gun.

I've had an FNP9 about 3 years. Easy to shoot, very accurate. It shoots better than my Glocks.

It's hammer fired with a de-cocker, which I've come to appreciate. As others have said it's a booger seating that 16th round in the mags, but they do break in and get easier. Til then used the loader that came with the Glocks.

Very well made gun and a dream to shoot.
    "I can show you how to make a bomb out of a roll of toilet paper and a stick of dynamite." Dale Gribble

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links