Five Best Concealed Carry Series of Handguns

This is a discussion on Five Best Concealed Carry Series of Handguns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One of the best Guns ever made....S&W Model 19 .357 2.5" loaded with Speer Gold Dots .38 Special +P 135 gr. HP Short Barrel. Just ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Five Best Concealed Carry Series of Handguns

One of the best Guns ever made....S&W Model 19 .357 2.5" loaded with Speer Gold Dots .38 Special +P 135 gr. HP Short Barrel. Just my 2cents.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJake View Post
    just Remember when selecting a concealed carry, In the off chance you have to draw and use your weapon. Do not use your show piece or your great grandfathers police pistol. and here is why some not all police/state/government agencies will at the scene take your weapon and scratch/engrave into the metal the officers ID mark so if you had that nice kimber or WWII colt it just got ruined plus this is why you need at least two carry pistols, your pistol now belongs to the courts until it is all over, and sometimes good luck getting it back. just my two cents worth. plus you can't go wrong with any of the above mentioned guns.

Very true^

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Boy you opened a can of worms !This is subjective so here's my choices:
    1)Glock best import, reminds me of my other love watches glockand timex both keep working while taking a licking.
    2) Ruger/Smith&Wesson TIED overbuilt,good prices,working man revolvers security -six,speed -six,sp-101,j-frame revolvers
    3) Smith &Wesson MP seris,Smith and Walther AOS trigger
    4)Springfield 1911,XP autos
    5)kimber autos

...have always carried a revolver as BUG...no matter what the primary...when service weapon in holster was .45 auto, carried 2 revolvers as backup...J and K snubs...I think you'd find in a poll here that more than you think carry revolvers...some as primary and some as backup..."...pretty much a thing of the past"...I get that a lot lately...oh, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I'm thinking revolver carriers are pretty much a thing of the past. I have three and am comfortable with them. Though few admit it, gun choices are as much driven by emotion, peer pressure and advertising as anything else. Like anything, "style" has a powerful influence on the way we think..I also think round count is a major influence. Revolver carriers need to be especially disciplined in how many rounds get sent...........Sandpiper

...series...Ruger Six series: Security Six, Police Service Six, and Speed Six...still tickin'...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links