Biden admits gun control will not work - Page 2

Biden admits gun control will not work

This is a discussion on Biden admits gun control will not work within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by txron It is not about gun control. It is about citizen control. They need to remove the guns in order for the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Biden admits gun control will not work

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    It is not about gun control. It is about citizen control. They need to remove the guns in order for the real agenda.
    Honestly, I am starting to believe you. In case anyone is interested, here is a link to an post / article I wrote on this very subject where I discuss going from my disbelief at F&F being under the radar gun control to actually questioning what the hell the objective is.: The Liberal Gun Club Forum ? View topic - The Obama Administrations Real Objective

I sure hope he runs in 2016....We should keep him onboard just for the comedy!
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Honestly, I am starting to believe you. In case anyone is interested, here is a link to an post / article I wrote on this very subject where I discuss going from my disbelief at F&F being under the radar gun control to actually questioning what the hell the objective is.: The Liberal Gun Club Forum ? View topic - The Obama Administrations Real Objective

^^^^^^^^Your post at that link was very well written^^^^^

and makes a lot of stark points.

Unfortunately, a lot of the posts that followed from the other members there didn't seem to share a lot of your sentiment.

I also took exception at one of the statements posted by them that said all us "gun nuts" don't get riled up at the feds with other infringements(like wiretapping, illegal search and seizure, etc, etc) but only blow a gasket when its the 2nd amendment on the line.
    They are full of it.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Here's what I said when this came up on another thread a few days ago:

Here's my theory:
    In the last four years, the left has been pretty good at managing expectations. They are also good at working on long range goals.

In other words, they know that evil black rifles are rarely used in crimes (the vast majority of criminals who use guns use handguns). They also know that the last time "assault weapons" were banned, it had no effect on crime. So they want us to know ahead of time, and get used to the idea, that nothing will really change when the bill(s) are passed. But, why would they continue with something that they know won't work.

The answer is incrementalism (I think that's a word.) So, they know that they can't completely ban guns, which is what they want. And they know they can't completely ban handguns, which would be their second choice. But they think they have a chance with the evil black rifles, so that's what they go for. They will also pile on anything else they think they can get, e.g. universal background checks, mag size limits, maybe something related to ammo, etc. We fight and maybe only a couple of minor things change. We all sigh with relief. Boy, that could have been much worse...

So, we accept the idea of the federal government regulating guns more than they already do. And then next year or the year after something else happens and they add more regulations. And then five years from now they add more regulations, and etc., and etc. And then one day we wake up and realize that the Second Amendment has been, in effect, repealed.

This is why we should resist any bills, no matter how minor they seem.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I like Joe: He's just smart enough to see the reality and yet too stupid to know when to keep his mouth shut. We need more like him on both sides. Maybe a required IQ test score of between 80 & 90 to run for office would bee a good start.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I like Joe: He's just smart enough to see the reality and yet too stupid to know when to keep his mouth shut. We need more like him on both sides. Maybe a required IQ test score of between 80 & 90 to run for office would bee a good start.
    As a gameshow host maybe. But not in a capacity to legislate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links