LAPD shoot civilians??? - Page 2

LAPD shoot civilians???

This is a discussion on LAPD shoot civilians??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Alex_C This^ Would they have had justifiable reason to return fire at the police ? I had wondered something along these lines ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: LAPD shoot civilians???

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    This^

Would they have had justifiable reason to return fire at the police?

I had wondered something along these lines before when reading about SWAT breaking into the wrong house. Would you be locked up for simply defending yourself? After all, you're innocent and are under attack in threat of your life. It would be justifiable with anyone else, but the police?

Is there any case to set precident?
    Read the full story of these two.

Houston brothers in court on federal charges
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I just heard on the news this evening that it was two gals delivering news papers. I understand the cops need to get that guy off the street but come on Im glad I dont drive a blue pickup. They did find the perps truck burnt out up in the mountains according to the news. But ya all know how the media is right. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Read the full story of these two.

Houston brothers in court on federal charges
    Its unlikely youd would survive a crash entry by a SWAT team wrongfully or rightfully if you fire at them long enough to worry about charges.
    That said at least where I live the crash entry without warning almost doesnt exist. Police here are smart enough to have figured out that anybody can yell police or swat as they kick in your door and most rural areas the first two officers in are in real risk of being carried back out. Not because of anti police emotion but mistaken identity. Nobody I know here would believe the word POLICE unless they see blue lights flashing off their windows.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Here is another article on the shooting: Massive Manhunt On For Ex-Cop Accused of Killing 3.

Quote Originally Posted by From this article
    "I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" to Los Angeles Police Department officers, on or off duty, said the manifesto. It also asserted: "Unfortunately, I will not be alive to see my name cleared. That's what this is about, my name. A man is nothing without his name."
    Beautiful. Another person off his rocker. As if going on a murder spree is going to "clear" anything but a suitable, nondescript 7'x3' plot of earth for his grave.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Cops shooting innocent civilians - two seperate incidences

Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured.

The second incident, which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

Chase said both incidents involved vehicles matching the description of the one sought in connection with Dorner.

"Now it appears neither of them are directly related," Chase said. "In both of them, officers believed they were at the time."[img][/img]

Another victim - women delivering newspapers

After reading the second article, it appears Dorner reported excessive force by his superior officer during an arrest and at least from what I read got good ole boyed right out of the department over it despite evidence he was telling the truth.

That is no excuse for going on a rampage of killing people but I think in his mind if he makes this big enough and loud enough over the media it will somehow fix a corrupt dept. One thing is for sure. He has LAPD running scared, shooting civilians by mistake etc. All the things the "anti gun professional LE claim each of us is sure to do". Ive yet to hear of a armed citizen wetting their pants and killing someone because they were in certain color pickup truck and were the wrong sex to be the person who was a threat.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

This will be interesting to follow and see how these mistaken victims get treated and how the officers are dealt with.
    goldshellback and msgt/ret like this.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

So we have Obama with drones and now lapd.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

This^

I had wondered something along these lines before when reading about SWAT breaking into the wrong house. Would you be locked up for simply defending yourself? After all, you're innocent and are under attack in threat of your life. It would be justifiable with anyone else, but the police?

In Texas it would be grounds for justifiable self defense.If one armed guy out to kill Cops has them this jumpy,no wonder they want to take away everyones guns,what would happen if they tried a gun confiscation and the entire gun owning community rose up against them,you would find empty cop cars and police uniforms everywhere,kinda like when N Vietnam over ran the South and ARVN Soldiers were trying to didi outta there
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In Other news Car lots in California were overwhelmed with people trying to trade in Blue Pickups of every shade of blue under the rainbow
    Ghost1958, KBSR, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

C'mon, the police didn't shoot at those women, the evil black guns did it! The police should actually be given kudos for preventing the evil black guns from killing the two women.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

This^

Of course you can shoot at them. After which you may, or may not, survive.

Minneapolis SWAT Team Raids Wrong House | Fox News

One of the biggest botched raids in recent years happened in Atlanta in 2006, when police killed a 92-year-old woman in a hail of nearly 40 bullets after she fired a shot at what she thought were intruders. Police had gone to her house on a drug raid, but no drugs were found.

Prosecutors said that in obtaining a search warrant, Atlanta police falsely told a judge that an informant had confirmed drug dealing there. The scandal led to a shake-up in the department, two officers pleaded guilty to manslaughter and civil rights charges, and the city faces at least two lawsuits.

VIP Member
    I wonder how the main stream media will report this? It's going be very hard for them since he's an Obama and Hillary supporter.
    Suspected Mass-Murderer's Manifesto Endorses Hillary, Obama, Gun Control, Elite Media

Too bad for them the guy is the opposite of what they'd like to portray.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Did anybody get a good look at the back of the truck? I counted at least 35 bullet holes. Those are two lucky women and two trigger happy cops.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links