LAPD shoot civilians??? - Page 3

LAPD shoot civilians???

This is a discussion on LAPD shoot civilians??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From link in post #4. "Self-preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago," the manifesto said. ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: LAPD shoot civilians???

VIP Member
    From link in post #4.

"Self-preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago," the manifesto said. "I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that."

Dorner said he would use all of his training to avoid capture and track his targets.

Dorner also had served in the Naval Reserves, earning a rifle marksman ribbon and pistol expert medal. He was assigned to a naval undersea warfare unit and various aviation training units, according to military records, and took a leave from the LAPD and deployed to Bahrain in 2006 and 2007.

"I will utilize every bit of small arms training, demolition, ordinance and survival training I've been given," the manifesto read. "You have misjudged a sleeping giant." Christopher Dorner(Suspect)
    End quote.

He is probably correct on the good ole' boy network within LAPD and other large forces.
    They definitley screwed over the wrong guy.

I wonder why he chose to kill the daughter of the guy that represented him at his hearing though;
    It doesn't make sense, unless he thought he wasn't represented to the best of the counsels abilities.
    IE(His council was a former LAPD turned lawyer)
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Yeah. Its sort of weird in a way. You have a guy here that at first is reporting excessive force during an arrest. Not what a person thats brutal and a killer by nature would do you would think.

I believe this guy told the truth with the idea of doing the right thing. When his own turned on him it pushed him over the edge. Everybody has a limit just not everybody has been pushed to it yet.
    I dont condone what hes doing. But I think they probably have a much more dangerous dude on their hands than your average madman. This man is trained, much more than the LAPD it seems at a host of different levels. And hes accepted hes going to die sooner or later. Theres no more dangerous person that someone that wants you dead with all their being and willing to die to accomplish it. Think LAPD is in for a rude awakening and a long haul before they get done with this guy.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Just a horrendous act of neglegence............the cops need to be off the street if they're that scared......LA will be sued big time and the LEO's fired.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Sorta sounds like a city authorized assassination plot. I read they are staked out all over the city looking for this guy...Sounds like shoot on sight..or shoot if looks like..or shoot if could be..or shoot if may be...

What do you say Calif LEO's......you gonna stand for this kind of insanity or man up........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Did anybody get a good look at the back of the truck? I counted at least 35 bullet holes. Those are two lucky women and two trigger happy cops.
    Yes, I took a good look at the BACK of the truck.

They shot up an innocent person's vehicle from THE BACK.

Exactly what threat were they posing the police? Were they running their delivery route in reverse? I kinda doubt it...

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Another victim - women delivering newspapers

Holey crap ... maybe a disgruntled paper subscriber didnt get their crossword puzzle. (Sorry, couldnt resist a little humor.)
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Someone please explain how they survived that...
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I wonder how the main stream media will report this? It's going be very hard for them since he's an Obama and Hillary supporter.
    Suspected Mass-Murderer's Manifesto Endorses Hillary, Obama, Gun Control, Elite Media

Too bad for them the guy is the opposite of what they'd like to portray.
    We know how the media is going to report this. I read an article about this shooting and there was not a single word about the ex-cop's manifesto.

After seeing this I have changed my mind about gun control......we do need it...not for us...for them.....

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Another victim - women delivering newspapers

Holy crap, is this a joke? if this really went down those cops are no better then the guy there looking for!
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Someone please explain how they survived that...
    Of course, you need to duck so you don't get one through the window.

But, below the window the bullets have to pass through the outside of the tailgate, through the inside of the tailgate, then through the front of the truck bed, then through the back of the cab, then through the seat back. So that's four sheets of steel plus 4 to 6 inches of seat stuffing.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by knowltk View Post
    Of course, you need to duck so you don't get one through the window.

But, below the window the bullets have to pass through the outside of the tailgate, through the inside of the tailgate, then through the front of the truck bed, then through the back of the cab, then through the seat back. So that's four sheets of steel plus 4 to 6 inches of seat stuffing.
    A layer of Depends would probably have been handy after that also
    msgt/ret likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Look below the open driver door of the cruiser... Shotgun shells. Most likely buckshot.... Not going to be great pass through on a pickup.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Los Angeles officers guarding a "target" named in the posting shot and wounded two women in suburban Torrance who were in a pickup but were not involved, authorities said. It's not clear if the target is a person or a location. Beck said one woman was in stable condition with two gunshot wounds and the other was being released after treatment.

"Tragically we believe this was a case of mistaken identity by the officers," Beck said.

Calif. Officer Killed, Another Critical After Shootout With Former LAPD Officer
    Shoot first ask questions later. Two women in a pick up mistaken for that guy ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links