LAPD shoot civilians???

This is a discussion on LAPD shoot civilians??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop - latimes.com...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: LAPD shoot civilians???

Sly

California PD shoots asian women, thought they were large black man.

2. Remove Ads

Wonder how tough Chupaquabra is feeling right about now
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    So I suppose that waiting to find out what really happened is just out of the question? Yeah, I'll admit it looks bad from what we're seeing in the media. The same media that still can't figure out whether an AR was used in the Sandy Hook shooting. I think it's best to wait and find out what really happened before I start proclaiming the LAPD was out shooting at innocent people that did nothing to provoke them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure the officers were in the wrong. But I'm going to wait and hear the story before deciding how wrong they were.
    KBSR likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Did anybody get a good look at the back of the truck? I counted at least 35 bullet holes. Those are two lucky women and two trigger happy cops.
    I got 41, and I still think I'm short.

Is it just the New York newspapers (NY Post & Daily News) that scream out when cops' shots go wild? This aspect of the story seems to be under-reported.

And quoting from Rahm Emanuel's playbook, "never let a serious crisis go to waste." Did the LA cops possibly use... "assault rifles" to stop this truck? Why couldn't they just stop shooting after they shot the tires out? Did they "need" high capacity magazines?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Well unless it takes a 360 degree turnaround shooting a pickup with two women in it in broad daylight instead of a huge black man in broad daylight, multiple times, from the rear, and ramming a few minutes later someplace else another pickup because it was the same color and firing on it luckily being on par with LAPD markmanship and not hitting the poor guy that was not involved either, it tends to look sorta bad. Especially when mistaken identity is being given as the reason for it by LAPD. But who knows could be some good reason for both incidents I suppose.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I'm in the wait and see what happens in the next few months category. On the one hand he has become a murderer. On the other...I'm reserving judgement to see if any of his claims pan out.

In the remote possibility his claims are true, what happens when someone comes back from warfare to another tight knit fraternal group that then railroads you? I'm not excusing it, but trying to look at it from other angles.

On another note... I wouldn't want to be LL Cool J in a blue pickup right now...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

BAD: Gunman targeting LAPD officers

Surprised this isn't being talked about on here. I see there's a thread about the police mistakenly shooting a truck they thought was the guy, but not some of these other details.

If this is a dupe, I apologize... I searched, and didn't see it.

Main article is here:

Police: 3 dead after ex-cop vows 'war' on other police, their families - CNN.com

But the more relevant information to this forum's topics is here:

Christopher Dorner Manifesto (Uncensored) «

Most relevant to this forum, is the paragraph that reads:

If you had a well regulated AWB, this would not happen. The time is now to reinstitute a ban that will save lives. Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting? Why does anyone need a suppressor? Why does anyone need a AR15 rifle? This is the same small arms weapons system utilized in eradicating Al Qaeda, Taliban, and every enemy combatant since the Vietnam war. Don’t give me that crap that its not a select fire or full auto rifle like the DoD uses. That’s ******** because troops who carry the M-4/M-16 weapon system for combat ops outside the wire rarely utilize the select fire function when in contact with enemy combatants. The use of select fire probably isn’t even 1% in combat. So in essence, the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle is the same as the M-4/M-16. These do not need to be purchased as easily as walking to your local Walmart or striking the enter key on your keyboard to “add to cart”. All the firearms utilized in my activities are registered to me and were legally purchased at gun stores and private party transfers. All concealable weapons (pistols) were also legally register in my name at police stations or FFL’s. Unfortunately, are you aware that I obtained class III weapons (suppressors) without a background check thru NICS or DROS completely LEGALLY several times? I was able to use a trust account that I created on quicken will maker and a $10 notary charge at a mailbox etc. to obtain them legally. Granted, I am not a felon, nor have a DV misdemeanor conviction or active TRO against me on a NCIC file. I can buy any firearm I want, but should I be able to purchase these class III weapons (SBR’s, and suppressors) without a background check and just a $10 notary signature on a quicken will maker program? The answer is NO. I’m not even a resident of the state i purchased them in. Lock n Load just wanted money so they allow you to purchase class III weapons with just a notarized trust, military ID. Shame on you, Lock n Load. NFA and ATF need new laws and policies that do not allow loopholes such as this. In the end, I hope that you will realize that the small arms I utilize should not be accessed with the ease that I obtained them. Who in there right mind needs a ******* silencer!!! who needs a freaking SBR AR15? No one. No more Virginia Tech, Columbine HS, Wisconsin temple, Aurora theatre, Portland malls, Tucson rally, Newtown Sandy Hook. Whether by executive order or thru a bi-partisan congress an assault weapons ban needs to be re-instituted. Period!!!
    Crazysauce! He calls for an AWB... in a state which already has very strict gun laws... then explains how he bypassed said laws (breaking the law)... and somehow thinks more laws will help prevent people like him in the future?

You can not legislate crazy people......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

After reading his entire manifesto... he sounds like some sort of Democratic Manchurian Candidate.
    oneshot likes this.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

He's not lying about the racism, nor the corruption anyone who says otherwise is a brain washed fool or a member of LAPD.

The exact details he gives are too exact, and anyone who knows about LAPD's 77th, Southwest, Southeast, Newton stations know this to be true as well.

There is the unwritten code in Law Enforcement and if you break it you will be black balled, no officer can say that it isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    On another note... I wouldn't want to be LL Cool J in a blue pickup right now...
    no kidding i almost thought it was him too
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I'm in the wait and see what happens in the next few months category. On the one hand he has become a murderer. On the other...I'm reserving judgement to see if any of his claims pan out.

In the remote possibility his claims are true, what happens when someone comes back from warfare to another tight knit fraternal group that then railroads you? I'm not excusing it, but trying to look at it from other angles.

His claims are true.

He is not lying about the racism, the retaliation nor the corrupt nature of many in the ranks of LAPD and other LE agencies across this country. LAPD's top and most respected stations the ones he named.

77th
    Southeast
    Southwest
    Newton (he didn't mention this station, same station featured in End of Watch movie) known as "Shootin Newton".

Are well known for brutality and racism from their inception till this day, he is exposing the ugly side of LAPD once again and what he said about many of the white officers going to those stations is true along with the hispanic, Asian and black officers he mentioned.

You can think he's lying and is crazy, but dude is telling the truth he is too exact in the things he has said. Also anyone who truly knows what goes on in Los Angeles especially in the predominately black and latino neighborhoods will tell you the same.

It's no secret to those residents and people are over looking the things he said because of the shootings.

I've been through all these stations areas for over 20yrs now and continue to go through these stations area, it's no surprise. I've seen and been in on Academy classes etc.

It's Friday PST obviously for me, and yesterday I watched the news all day.

For those who do not live in Southern California, I can honestly tell you that this man has police officers literally scared and they took motor officers off their bikes and put them in patrol cars and every one from what I know is rolling in two man hoops well at least almost every one.

The media was telling owners of Nissan Titans to not drive their trucks and if they do expect to be pulled over by police and do exactly what the officers say. The two Asian women who were shot should have a strong case for a lawsuit along with the man who truck was shot up by Torrance PD.

Officers are real jumpy right now.

regardless they should be protecting civilians not shooting at them
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

If he is smart he is hiding out in the woods camping out where he can watch any approach to his encampment,after a few days maybe a week when they start thinking he DI DI'd outta there go in and take out your next target,then E&E.
    If this guy is a great shot and has some precision rifles and supprressors, he can reach out several hundred yards ,so if he knows what he's doing they won't know where the shot came from,he may have a backup vehicle not registered to him that he can use like the DC killers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links