LAPD shoot civilians??? - Page 5

LAPD shoot civilians???

This is a discussion on LAPD shoot civilians??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bardo Crazysauce! He calls for an AWB... in a state which already has very strict gun laws... then explains how he bypassed ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: LAPD shoot civilians???

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Crazysauce! He calls for an AWB... in a state which already has very strict gun laws... then explains how he bypassed said laws (breaking the law)... and somehow thinks more laws will help prevent people like him in the future?
    Is he killing people in an attempt to prove that we need an AWB? He's creating a problem to prove that we need his solution? If a ban is such a good idea, why doesn't he start with himself?

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Those well trained LEO should and can have weapons that are unsafe for the average citizen to have. Cops well never use them unsafely as they are well trained. Only reason cops are allowed to have hi-cap mag and guns on the ban list is to keep them on the side of the anti's.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Waiting for more details on this to come out.Mistakes like that are not normal or common for that matter
    KBSR likes this.

I can't believe there isn't more press coverage on this..Seems no one wants to talk about it in the press.

None of the ridiculous "Assault weapons" bans would have even applied to him.

Police can own and carry all of them, and none of the departments report that they have departmental weapons stolen and missing all of the time.

So what he is really saying is that you get to be disarmed, but not him, because he was a cop, and so his rampage would not have been avoided by any ban in place in any case.

Fortune Favors the Bold!

Supposedly the shooter according to his manifesto has some Precision Rifles and Suppressors,so if he has the training to shoot accurately out past 500 yards,he could find a shooting position to overlook a target and after shooting they would have no idea where the shot came from,not to mention if he went to this length to exact revenge I'm gonna guess he has at least one other vehicle that can't be linked to him like a van,and will wait until they relax their guard and then strike again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    It's Friday PST obviously for me, and yesterday I watched the news all day.

For those who do not live in Southern California, I can honestly tell you that this man has police officers literally scared and they took motor officers off their bikes and put them in patrol cars and every one from what I know is rolling in two man hoops well at least almost every one.

The media was telling owners of Nissan Titans to not drive their trucks and if they do expect to be pulled over by police and do exactly what the officers say. The two Asian women who were shot should have a strong case for a lawsuit along with the man who truck was shot up by Torrance PD.

Officers are real jumpy right now.
    It's still no excuse for the way they are acting.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    LA Times this morning...don't see a word about LAPD terrorizing and gunning down the public or about the officers involved.....

Should tell you a lot about that damn place.

http://www.latimes.com/
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

LAPD Shooting Civilians

Thank god they didnt have a 30 round magazine...
    msgt/ret likes this.

It is so easy, to second guess, and monday morning quarterback these cops from the comfort of your homes in Nebraska, and Oklahoma, and wherever. How bout we let the dust settle, and get the "rest of the story" before we condemn these cops? You and I don't have all the facts, but we're real quick to Judge these guys and gals.

Maybe they were wrong, and if they were, it should come out, and they should be held responsible. But I'll not judge them based on a newspaper story or TV story. They're facing a well trained murderer, who knows or expects to die as a result of his actions. Everyone wearing a badge in LA has a target on them right now. Let's let them deal with it, in real time. There will be plenty of time for finger pointing and conspiracy theories after the fact.

I pray they catch or kill this murderer before he has any more success.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Now that this guy has abandoned and burned his pickup...CA residents who happen to own similar vehicles should be a bit safer.
    Training should have prevented such an incident.
    This whole situation is really sad and bizarre.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Anyone remember the DC Sniper? He had less training than this guy and look how long he got away with it.

WRT those officers getting fired for killing innocents...won't ever happen. That behavior is justified behind the blue line.

Haneous neglegence by LA LE..............that could have been anyone in that truck......talk about Profiling.......Geeezzzzz.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Same as another thread: LAPD shoot civilians???

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    The Citizen of LA miss the notification that Southern California was now a free fire zone for LAPD!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links