K-mart no longer selling ammo - Page 2

K-mart no longer selling ammo

This is a discussion on K-mart no longer selling ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Have not shopped in a K-Mart in over a decade. They don't care for my values and I don't care for their taking political positions. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: K-mart no longer selling ammo

VIP Member
    Have not shopped in a K-Mart in over a decade. They don't care for my values and I don't care for their taking political positions. Hope the chain classes and fails.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    I wouldn't know if they continued to sell ammo or not because I don't shop there anymore.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

In my area we still have a bunch of them. I guess they are doing pretty well here. I know Christmas season their parking lots were full, not as full as Walmart, but full. Last month in December 2012 I went to several Kmarts in my area and they had some rifle ammo for sale. I bought a few boxes of 3030 ammo for $8.00 a box of 20 !!! I also bought some target 12 guage shells, box of 25 for $4.80 !!! God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    I have never seen a k-mart around me that sold ammo.......... same goes for target lol. Wish mine did though.
    Interesting how Target seems to get a pass on this though. At least some K mart's still have something on the shelf currently.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    K-Mart quite selling handgun ammo many years ago when rosie o’donnel (sp who cares) became their spokesperson and had a very loud and vocal meltdown over the fact the they carried both guns and ammunition. Haven’t been in a K-Mart since.
    You and me both; and I had family that worked in upper management.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Why not? K-mart gave in once to the anti's and now they are doing it again. I hope they close all their doors.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    There hasn't been a ~ "flashin red-light special" ~ within miles of me for a long time!

Re: K-mart no longer selling ammo

A company characterized by years of bad decision-making. They likely won't be around much longer.

I haven't been in a Kmart in years. If I had remembered they sold ammo that would be a reason for me to go. Now there's no reason whatsoever.

BTW - I bought my first gun there in ~1974. A Marlin Model 60 22LR for about $50. Still have it today.
    Last edited by blanco64; February 9th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.

VIP Member
    Many people don't remember or don't know the history behind K Mart. They were founded in the early 60's by the S.S. Kresge company, which was a chain of 5 and 10 cent stores, dating back to the 1890's. While the idea was innovative and well received, through mismanagement, they failed to keep up with the market. Unlike Walmart, under Sam Walton's management, kept pace with the wants of customers. K Mart stores became crowded and trashy, and they never did anything to alleviate the problem. The quality of their products and services suffered and people turned to Walmarts for their shopping. By the time someone woke up in the company, the lid was already on the coffin and the nails were driven. A last ditch effort to save the company was ill advised. Sears was already failing and on the way out when K Mart decided to buy them in hopes of saving themselves with the merger. Kind of like throwing a drowning man a cement block to hold on to, in hopes he can float with it. I'll be very surprised if K Mart/Sears last another 5 years.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Weird. I was under the impression they had went bankrupt and out of business years ago.

Oh well. I didn't realize K-Mart was still functioning.

Last time I went to K-Mart was 2 years ago when I was desperate to find a tree stand to hang in the middle of deer season. (Had a new spot and I really wanted a stand there) They were sold out just like Wal-Mart and the others around, I did notice they had some ammo but not much of a selection. Other than that I never shop there.

K-Mart can't afford the cost of suppling ammo, the shipping costs are pretty expensive, and like others have said, K-Mart is as good as dead. It is sad because Sears merged with K-Mart and tried to survive under the K-mart brand. They have tried to survive under the name K-Mart, Sears Essentials, Big K, Sears Grand, etc.

They only way they will survive is to replace the board of directors and gets some SMART business people in and totally remake the business if it is not to late. Otherwise will totally die. It is to bad. Years ago I had the opportunity to buy a .22 rifle marked as a Sears and Roebuck. They were asking for $50 for it, I should have taken it. It shot straight, but could have used a better different trigger.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Best Rain Man voice: "K-Mart sucks".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    K-Mart will be marking everything down before long to pay off creditors.
    They've been doing that for 20yrs and more.

Same basic downward spiral happened to Woolworth's as they disappeared.

Am also surprised Sears hasn't tanked, long since.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links