K-mart no longer selling ammo

This is a discussion on K-mart no longer selling ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm Am also surprised Sears hasn't tanked, long since. K-Mart and Sears are one and the same now......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: K-mart no longer selling ammo

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Am also surprised Sears hasn't tanked, long since.
    K-Mart and Sears are one and the same now...
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Our local K-Mart closed this past summer. They hadn't carried handgun ammo in years and a poor selection for rifle ammo. Shotgun? - all they ever had was birdshot.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni View Post
    There hasn't been a ~ "flashin red-light special" ~ within miles of me for a long time!
    I'm pretty sure it was a "blue" light special. I can still remember the ladies making a mad dash for that stupid light when the announcement came.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'll be very surprised if K Mart/Sears last another 5 years.

I hope you're wrong. I hope that Sears at least will turn itself around and sell quality products. Old name brands and quality products are getting hard to find. I used to not care as much, but then I realized how much I missed Montgomery Wards. I've got an old Stereo my dad bought back in 71 sitting outside in the barn (with dirt floors) and the thing still works, despite the layer of dirt, humidity, etc. it's been exposed to for at least the 20 years I've had it sitting out there. When one of our tv's break, I go upstairs and get the little tv I bought at monkey wards back in 84 since that thing still works like a champ.

What will we miss if Sears goes under? So much for the warranty on some of my tools.

30 years ago our K-Mart was an outstanding gun store as was the local Woolco and Ace Hardware. Woolco died decades ago, our Ace no longer carries guns and our K-Mart stopped carrying guns and ammo at least 15 years ago. The K-Mart is a dump and looks like the floors have not been cleaned since it was built. I had not been in it in years and stopped because I needed sun block and I swear the place has not been cleaned in years.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Many people don't remember or don't know the history behind K Mart. They were founded in the early 60's by the S.S. Kresge company, which was a chain of 5 and 10 cent stores, dating back to the 1890's. While the idea was innovative and well received, through mismanagement, they failed to keep up with the market. Unlike Walmart, under Sam Walton's management, kept pace with the wants of customers. K Mart stores became crowded and trashy, and they never did anything to alleviate the problem. The quality of their products and services suffered and people turned to Walmarts for their shopping. By the time someone woke up in the company, the lid was already on the coffin and the nails were driven. A last ditch effort to save the company was ill advised. Sears was already failing and on the way out when K Mart decided to buy them in hopes of saving themselves with the merger. Kind of like throwing a drowning man a cement block to hold on to, in hopes he can float with it. I'll be very surprised if K Mart/Sears last another 5 years.
    K-Mart and Sears merging was kind of like if Edsel and Studabaker merged. Sears, walked away from men as customers years ago with the "softer side of Sears" campaign when they tried to become another Target/Kohls. In the mid to late 80's Sears was one of the largest Fishing and Camping chains in the country. They also use to do quite a bit of gun business with the Ted Williams stuff before the 70's.

Target use to sell ammo, I actually use to sell it to them on a fill in basis as a manufacturers rep. As I recall they just bought key items like 30.06, 30-30, 22 LR and 12 ga. I don't ever recall them having pistol or .223 ammo. They have never wanted men as customers and have always tailored their stores to women shoppers. They cut fishing way back too, they use to do quite a bit of fishing business.

Kmart is accually under Sears Holding.

Kmart hasn't sold ammo around here for quite some time.
    Like others, I never go there either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links