Is there a General shortage of LCPs or is it just my LGS

This is a discussion on Is there a General shortage of LCPs or is it just my LGS within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've been wanting to buy an LCP since mid-December. LGS promised to notify me when some come in but I've not heard from them. Didn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is there a General shortage of LCPs or is it just my LGS

VIP Member

I've been wanting to buy an LCP since mid-December.
    LGS promised to notify me when some come in but I've not heard from them.
    Didn't answer a follow up e-mail mid-week.

Is there a general shortage of the LCPs, or is it just a problem with the LGS?

(I haven't checked the big box stores because I wanted to support the LGS; but if
    they just aren't getting the job done and there is no general shortage, I'll shop elsewhere.)
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Most websites are even sold out.

J&G Sales has them in stock.
    Ruger Model LCP compact 380ACP pistol, Black. New $319.95
    Ruger LCP Compact 380ACP with Laser sights, New $439.95

All guns are pretty much hard to find. Most of the major manufacturers are reporting backlogs that will last years. (Or so they say...)

General shortage on all popular guns. Ruger has ramped up production to satisfy demands though.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The Gander Mountain In my area, Palm Beach Gardens Fl., presently has them on sale for $299.00.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I am a SMALL dealer and I have not been able to get a LCP since November. I normally keep two in stock but no joy for the last 2-1/4 months. I was selling them for $295 out the door when I could get them and I hope to be able to do so again.. I could sell four today if I had them.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    @Diddle-- Thank you. That will raise my patience level with the LGS. I'm in no hurry
    and I don't want to shop the big box place.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I buddy that owns a pawn / gun shop told me that Ruger was only filling large orders of anything.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Last I saw gander even had them online, and $25 to ship to store.

Re: Is there a General shortage of LCPs or is it just my LGS

This thread makes me feel bad about running a mag or two through my LCP that I impulse bought months ago and haven't really touched since. Seems as if there's a better home out there for it. :D
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Cleaning my lcp as we speak . Much like you, I had my eye on the LCP for months before I decided to "pull the trigger" (heh heh) and buy. I went to nearly every gun shop in Anchorage before finally arriving at the last one only to find there was one more in stock! Man was it my lucky day. From what a lot of shop owners had told me on my pursuit, there have been a lot of people on a concealed carry frenzy since a lot of the chaos in the media has occurred. The LCP is a great sell for a few reasons. For one its inexpensive. This makes it attractive to a lot of new gun owners and in the state of gun sales today this is quite a large demographic. Another reason obviously is how easily its concealed. Its carry anywhere appeal is another reason for its success. Finally, its reliable as heck. I'm sure you've read countless reviews both good and bad. I really think its hit or miss to be honest. I've put well over 500 rounds through this thing and have yet to have a single failure of any kind. If you're truly interested and have weighed your options, be patient. Its a great little piece.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Many say it is too small, yet they can't keep them in stock.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Many say it is too small, yet they can't keep them in stock.
    It is sure not a range pistol but when it comes to up-close and personal they are hard to beat. Mine just celebrated its 5th anniversary with me and it has been a loyal partner. (Did that sound too romantic?)
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Ill sell you mine with a cross breed holster for $400 :)

Everything is hard to get right now. Don't hold it against your LGS.

I lucked out. I had a Springfield XD40SC shipped to my LGS from Gallery in late december. I called to see if it had arrived and asked about an LCP. THey had one left. I gave him my cc for a deposit and picked it up when I returned home from Christmas traveling. I was so glad that they had done that for me. Just proves how lucky I am to have a great LGS nearby. I haven't seen any available anywhere since. Online or locally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links