failure to feed

This is a discussion on failure to feed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; read on here some one had a problem with a failure to feed or maybe it was on another forum dont remember but any way ...

Thread: failure to feed

failure to feed

read on here some one had a problem with a failure to feed or maybe it was on another forum dont remember but any way went out shooting today and two weeks ago. was shooting my glock 23 its a gen 3, and once this time and once last time had a failure to feed. the bullet was facing upward at an angle, wasnt aligned straight like it should be had to pull slide back just a bit and it lined right up. ive had the glock for 3 months whats causing this ?? dont have much experience with this stuff and i know alota people on here do. thank you

2. Remove Ads

Make sure it isn't happening with other magazines. That's usually the culprit

ya i got it narrowed down to one mag. never happens with my other two. think i should take spring out or toss it? i use those two mags when i cc and if that were to happen in a bad situation it wouldnt be good

Mark your mags. I always have notebook/pen with me. If there are any malfunctions I take note what gun/magazine/ammo. For me, most have been either mag or cheap quality ammo issues.

If you have it down to a one particular mag. look it over, look at the lips of the mag and see if it is straight, or dented/bent. Try to clean it, replace a spring - but if it gets to be a pain, toss it and replace. I only put so much effort into a mag, then it gets smashed.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

lol ya. i would just toss it but cant find any mags and only got two so ill take spring out and clean it and the mag

If you get it narrowed down to one mag, and it still acts up after you clean and reassemble it, take the weapon and the mag back to your local gun shop and see if they can see anything bent or misaligned on the magazine. If your LGS is where you bought it, they should be happy to look it over for you.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I'd recommend you take the magazine apart and make sure it is assembled correctly. I've heard of people purchasing magazines.....having problems, then finding out that the mag spring was in backwards....that can make a big difference in reliability.

Links