Safety and Firearms tip of the day

This is a discussion on Safety and Firearms tip of the day within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When strolling down the street and you hear bam,bam, bam; hit the deck, keep your head down. Standing up and looking around while gun shots ...

Thread: Safety and Firearms tip of the day

When strolling down the street and you hear bam,bam, bam; hit the deck, keep your head down. Standing up and looking around while gun shots are heard may cause you to have a major headache or worse.

FortyFive, I remember at lovely MCRD PARRIS Island where I got to toss my first grenade. Me not knowing any better, i wanted to see the destruction such a device is actually capable of. Well I did not duck as was instructed and proceeded to get a royal turtle f$%King. I learned that lesson real well and have never lived it down. Great tip.

~A

God Bless the Marines, they are doing one helleva job over in Iraq. I served for 20 years(Navy & Air Force) and kidding with the guys at the sheriff range I would tell them the Marines are a department of the Navy to which they replied, yes; The Mens Department. I thought they had a sense of humor!!!

FortyFive, we will definitely need to share a beer or 3 when I next visit Cali.

~A

DC Founder
    Originally posted by APachon
    FortyFive, I remember at lovely MCRD PARRIS Island where I got to toss my first grenade. Me not knowing any better, i wanted to see the destruction such a device is actually capable of. Well I did not duck as was instructed and proceeded to get a royal turtle f$%King. I learned that lesson real well and have never lived it down. Great tip.

~A
    At Ft Knox during Basic Training, the grenade range was a concrete wall about 4-1/2 feet tall. We threw them at a stack of two or three truck tires. There was an observer (range officer) that was watching over everything from a safe distance. One of the guys in our training company went to throw one and (don\'t ask me how) dropped it on his side of the wall. I have never seen or heard a DI cuss so loud or for so long as he did that day. He was still giving him crap about it at graduation. The really amazing thing was how fast the DI acted. He saw it, pushed the guy out of the way, grabbed it and threw it. They said it exploded before hitting the ground. We had all hit the ground before he threw it :)

Bumper,
    I would have never imagined i would hear a true story like that. This is normally one of those things you see in movies (that movie with Paulie Shore where he is a water purifier comes to mind) and never expect anyone to really do.

Freaky stuff!

Just outta curiousity, whats it like when you through a grenade into a stack of tires? I actually don\'t know how distructive grenades are. I\'m not sure how much i want to believe what i see on tv about them. I\'m fairly certain one (1) grenade doos not mushroom cloud a house....

I know our facility to lob grenades had to grenade shoots should one not clear teh wall. It would then be kicked down one of these shoots and the blast would be contained.

~A

Sponsored Links