CZ75 vs Browning Hi-Power vs Baby Eagle

This is a discussion on CZ75 vs Browning Hi-Power vs Baby Eagle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Basically, these are three cousins. And even though they are very similar, I'm sure people have distinct preferences between them. To be sure, these are ...

Thread: CZ75 vs Browning Hi-Power vs Baby Eagle

CZ75 vs Browning Hi-Power vs Baby Eagle

Basically, these are three cousins. And even though they are very similar, I'm sure people have distinct preferences between them. To be sure, these are substantial guns; each around 30+ ounces. But I'm sure a lot of people use them for CC. So let's hear the comparisons.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I'm a CZ owner.

Hi Power is the grandfather of the group. I've only seen a modern reproduction. Generally speaking, SA only which offers a better trigger. Generations ahead of its time, it is still relevant today.

CZ75- the DA evolution of the Hi Power. Unique slide to frame fit is incredibly accurate and 100% reliable. The trigger does cam a bit. There is a positive engagement in the first couple mm of travel. It's not bad, but can be easily improved.

EAA- CZ clone. Well made and great performance. It's still a clone. I think highly of EAA and Bersa as great priced, underrated companies.

Hi Power I have been shooting the Hi Power for 30 years and still keep coming back to it. It just fits my hand better than anything else out there. And, yes, I do conceal carry it. It sits nicely at 3:30 in an OWB holster and I have no problem concealing it under an untucked shirt or a light jacket. No, I do not think it is too heavy to carry all day. The one drawback to the Hi Power is that if you ever do want to OC it, there is not much choice in retention holsters out there. Most people will tell you that any holster that fits a 1911 will fit the Hi Power, well that is generally true of leather, but not Kydex. The Hi Power has a wider trigger guard than the 1911 so do not expect all Kydex 1911 holsters to fit it. one popular holster that is a prime example of this is the Blackhawk Serpa, the Hi Power just plain will not fit into this holster. Safariland does, however have a retention holster for it.

CZ 75B I had one of these for a couple of years. It is nice, but just didn't fit my had very well. The grip is larger than the Hi Power and I just could never get used to it. It was, however, very accurate and the Cadet .22 LR conversion was nice.

Baby Eagle Sorry, I have no experience with this one and so have no comments on it.

Good luck with your choice.

Links