Taurus PT99

Taurus PT99

This is a discussion on Taurus PT99 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have any experience with these gun? I was looking into buying one for the home not necessarily to carry, I think it will ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By IAm_Not_Lost

Thread: Taurus PT99

Taurus PT99

Does anyone have any experience with these gun? I was looking into buying one for the home not necessarily to carry, I think it will be too big to carry.

PT99 is the Taurus PT92 with adjustable rear sights. PT99 was my first high cap pistol I purchased back in the 90's, and never had a failure. I now have three PT92's, and
    they are all very respectable, accurate, reliable weapons. Since these were originally designed by Beretta (Taurus bought out the Beretta Plant in the 80's) they are
    very good guns.

Just a heads up.....the older Taurus pistols do not have a hammer drop safety decocker. The newer models (aftrer 1994 I beleive) have the frame mounted decocker/safety.
    You can carry any Taurus PT92/99/100/101 cocked and locked like a 1911.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

For a couple of hundred bucks more you can get the gun that Taurus ripped off and have the real thing.

Beretta 92FS 9mm 15RD BL *ITALY* $649.00 SHIPS FREE

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInEdmonds View Post
    For a couple of hundred bucks more you can get the gun that Taurus ripped off and have the real thing.

And for a couple of hundred bucks more you can get the original locked breech design that Beretta ripped off and buy a Browning Hi-Power or Colt 1911. See how that works?
    zonker1986 and Jeanlouise like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInEdmonds View Post

I've owned both and prefer the frame mounted safety decocker the Taurus provides. Really could tell little difference in the function between pistols......and this
    one was made in 1987 and still shoots like a new gun. This model is pre-hammer drop decocker.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Links