My new acquisition

This is a discussion on My new acquisition within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Jaybm I saw something similar at the range some time ago, thought it was a single shot ? Did you opt for ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: My new acquisition

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybm View Post
    I saw something similar at the range some time ago, thought it was a single shot ?

Did you opt for the .25 ? I haven't seen any .22LR at Wally World.
    It's the .22...only one he had in stock. I figure I can always upgrade at another time when guns aren't so hard to get into the stores. I felt lucky that he actually had an inventory yesterday. A few months ago his cases were loaded and there were a lot of selections, now you have to grab it when you see it because it won't be there tomorrow.

I hope in a few more months things will get back to "normal".
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    I saw they put out a APB on you in Vermont! So don't expect one for Valentine's day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sontag View Post
    Remember, a 22 through the nose is much more effective than a 45 that misses altogether. Believe all of the shot placement hype!
    Yes, that's my thinking exactly! Reastically, I probably will never be in a shoot out at a distance. As a woman, the most likely scenerio will be that someone will try to physically assult me...up close and personal. Guys are more likely to be shot at a distance due to your physical size and intimidation factor. At least that's my thought. I know there are obvious examples to the contrary (school shooting) but those are not the usual threat to the average woman.

So, I want a small, easily accessable weapon that I can get my hands on, use and buy myself some time to get out of the situation. I figure a .22 in the eye or mouth should do that.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Enjoy. Always fun getting a new weapon.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

My first gun was a Taurus PT .22 It's an older one - I bought it at a pawn shop, but as soon as I saw that little pop up barrel I fell in love! The guy tried hard to talk me out of it, because it's a .22 but I was sold. It was my "learning gun" Although it's not my EDC, I still love that little gun!!

I don't know if the newer ones have changed but mine can be temperamental on ammo, I learned to find what it likes and stick with it! (luckily it likes the Walmart 550 box of .22's! :) ) Just thought id throw that out there!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Thanks Lish! I agree on the ammo. My "gun shop guy" told me to get good ammo and not cheap out on it. His is $9.40 for a box of 50. I don't know if that's more or less than most .22 because this is the first time I've owned one. The ammo is by "Blazer". Is that a good brand?

My new acquisition

I'm not sure on brands overall, I experimented a bit. I know the big box at Walmart ($20 for 550 rounds) shoot through mine just fine even ough it's cheap and some in a plastic case of 50 - I recognize it when I see it, "stingers" is on the label shoot fine through it. A couple other brands that I've tried would jam quite a bit. I'd say just run some through and see what yours likes. It may not be an issue with the newer ones, I'm not sure.

Also, unless they've changed the model, it will not fire if the magazine isn't in place. Just an FYI.

I'd like to get prettier grips for mine one of these days, but it hasn't been a priority.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360619610.113342.jpg
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Congrats on your new pisola...
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Look out! Jeanlouise is hunting bare, er, bear
    Lish, sixgun and Jeanlouise like this.

Senior Moderator
    Congrats, I've shot a all steel PT-25 and found it to be a good little pistol, hope you like it
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Great! Congratulations! The "Tip Up" barrels are nice!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Very cool. Congrats! I knew Taurus made some Baretta-like pistols but I didn't know they made any with the tip up barrels. Sounds like it's just what you've been waiting for. Enjoy!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Well, its a Taurus, but its one of the ones made in the US!

Hope you have a good range experience with it.
    I must admit, they peaked my interest, when I saw them in the CDNN catalog.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Congrats on your purchase! I hope you never have to use it except for fun and practice. Although a .22 isn't ideal for self defense, it sure beats screaming for help and being at the mercy of a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Thanks Lish! I agree on the ammo. My "gun shop guy" told me to get good ammo and not cheap out on it. His is $9.40 for a box of 50. I don't know if that's more or less than most .22 because this is the first time I've owned one. The ammo is by "Blazer". Is that a good brand?
    Generally...no. Blazer is not good ammo. It's fine for practice, but it's on the cheaper end. ($9 for 50 rounds seems outrageous to me... but I've never bought .22 Blazer, just 9mm and .45ACP)

I'd try CCI brand, or any "match" ammo. (I've had better reliability with "match" marked ammo. Might just be a marketing ploy, but out of thousands of rounds of each, I'd say there's a difference) Now adays, .22 is hard to come by so just experiment, but go with what Taurus recommends. I think they suggest 40 grain?
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    Look out! Jeanlouise is hunting bare, er, bear
    DARN! You beat me to it.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links