My new acquisition - Page 3

My new acquisition

This is a discussion on My new acquisition within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Congratulations, best wishes on that bear hunt....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: My new acquisition

Congratulations, best wishes on that bear hunt.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Congrats those are neat little guns. If I didnt already have my kel-tec p-32 Id consider one. Enjoy and be safe.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

I hope you have better luck with yours than we do with ours. I bought one just like yours for my wife and it jams just about every time it is fired. I have sent it back to Taurus and tried several different brands of ammo with no luck. I am not a Taurus hater, I have 2 revolvers and 4 semi-autos that all work fine but this little one is junk.Good luck.

I've been looking seriously at one of those pop-up guns for my wife. How is the trigger pull? She is starting to have a little trouble with her Sig P238.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiwood View Post
    I hope you have better luck with yours than we do with ours. I bought one just like yours for my wife and it jams just about every time it is fired. I have sent it back to Taurus and tried several different brands of ammo with no luck. I am not a Taurus hater, I have 2 revolvers and 4 semi-autos that all work fine but this little one is junk.Good luck.
    Sounds like you got a lemon. Will Taurus give you a new one? Have you had a gun smith check it out?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    I've been looking seriously at one of those pop-up guns for my wife. How is the trigger pull? She is starting to have a little trouble with her Sig P238.
    My experience is limited since I'm still an overall newbie - I've owned 3 guns - the Taurus PT.22, an LC9 and an XDsc I like shooting the PT .22 in the middle of those 3 (I actually sold the LC9 because of the trigger pull) It does have a pretty long and stiff trigger pull IMO but the LC9 would literally fatigue my hand and I'd only shoot a mag through it, 2 tops. With the PT .22 I don't mind shooting it, it doesn't tire me. But the trigger takes some getting re-used to since I primarily shoot the XD these days.

I wish I was closer to the space coast, I'd be happy to let her try it. I've never shot a Sig so I have no comparison there.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

The CCI is a good round to use in 22lr. Get the FMJ bullet if possible.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    I haven't had a chance to try it out on the range yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do.
    lchamp likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I know what FMJ is, but what is CCI?

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Enjoy your new gun and shoot the fire out of that thing .
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    That's it!! JeanLousie, that's the other brand I couldn't think of that seems to run through mine well. It's a brand, comes in a clear plastic box with a slide off lid...
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Rather than the CCI Blazer ammunition which seems to give an uneven performance when tested, I'd be for feeding that little rascal the Federal high-velocity 40 grain copper-plated solids. Having tested this load over the chronograph on several occasions over the years, I've found it to be one of the most consistent performers of all .22 Long Rifle cartridges, giving 10-shot average velocities of over 1200 fps with about a 30 fps extreme spread. Very accurate and hard hitting for .22 Long Rifle ammunition, it ought to give great function and wring the most performance out of a vest pocket .22 automatic.

Only problem is, finding it at the present time. Several national distributors were checked out on-line and all were showing to be out of it.

Federal Premium Ammunition - Rimfire

Jeanlouise likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Since you don't like racking the slide, here is a thought for your next purchase. I just ordered one for She Who Must Be Obeyed to go with her new outfit!

Ruger® LCR® Double-Action Revolver Model 5414

Great grip, low recoil (compared to a 38 +P), and with the new Winchester 22 Win Mag PDX ammo, should stop one of those bears you're hunting in their tracks!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

A while back I bought a Beretta Tomcat in .32ACP. Basically the same pistol in a different caliber.

The .32 was a touch snappy but in a mini gun that was to be expected. Never had a failure of any kind.
    Loved the tip up feature and the size in general. It could be concealed in a nudist colony (). Fantastic hideout gun.

Sold it to a friend's wife for her EDC.

bosco
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Since you don't like racking the slide, here is a thought for your next purchase. I just ordered one for She Who Must Be Obeyed to go with her new outfit!

Ruger® LCR® Double-Action Revolver Model 5414

Great grip, low recoil (compared to a 38 +P), and with the new Winchester 22 Win Mag PDX ammo, should stop one of those bears you're hunting in their tracks!
    Very nice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links