My new acquisition

This is a discussion on My new acquisition within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday we were browsing through the gun shop that we always go to and I saw a little gun that I feel immediately in love ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: My new acquisition

Distinguished Member

Smile My new acquisition

Yesterday we were browsing through the gun shop that we always go to and I saw a little gun that I feel immediately in love with. It's a Taurus PT22/25. It's easy to grip, easy to pull the trigger and best of all (for me) I don't have to rack a slide! The barrel tilts up, I pop the bullet into it, put the magazine in and I'm ready to go!

Finally, something I feel comfortable carrying! It has good safety features too.

This week I'm going to the range and spend some time getting used to it. Yesterday there was an hour and a half wait to use the range so I didn't have time.

I got a nice little holster for it too. Yeah for me!

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

Good for you, have fun and enjoy.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Wow, that's interesting. I'd never heard of one of these. Kind of cool.
    I hope you like, it may be a lot of fun to shoot.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Congratulations! Tiny thing, isn't it? I had the chance to shoot one at the range a while back, seems like a decent shooter. Enjoy!
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Nice!!!!!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Good for you. Haven't heard of this particular pistol. Hope you'll post a range report with pictures. Enjoy & be safe.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks everyone. Here's a picture and short review of it: Taurus? ?Get Off Me? Gun - Guns & Ammo

I fully understand that it isn't a gun that has big firepower, but it will be perfect for me. I have a hard time with racking on most pistols and even though I probably could with the adrenaline rush I'd have in a life or death situation...it's something that I have thought of. What good will a gun do me if I can't easily use it? I have a revolver that's nice but it's bigger and heavier. This one should be just right for me.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I had to look it up to see what it was. Should go well with the bear. Careful you don't shoot the stuffing out of it.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Congratulations! No need to justify buying a small caliber firearm. If your comfortable with it that's all that matters. We should have flashing lights and bells sound every time a member announces they just exercised their 2A rights by purchasing a gun. You'll have to take my word that I'm clapping for you.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Pictures, pictures, pictures.... LOL. Congrats on the pick up! Hope if serves you well.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I had to look it up to see what it was. Should go well with the bear. Careful you don't shoot the stuffing out of it.
    I bought it for bear hunting.
    Lish and bmcgilvray like this.

I saw something similar at the range some time ago, thought it was a single shot ?

Did you opt for the .25 ? I haven't seen any .22LR at Wally World.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

I looked at one of those for my wife also. After a little more research I found that Beretta makes two models with the tip up barrell. The Bobcat in .22lr. and the Tomcat in .32acp. We looked at those also however they were more expensive, but still nice weapons.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I bought it for bear hunting.
    I saw they put out a APB on you in Vermont! So don't expect one for Valentine's day!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Congratulations, sounds like you made a great choice. My dad has a Beretta 21A, which is basically the same gun; it is surprisingly accurate for its size.

Being comfortable and confident with your CCW is more important than caliber in my opinion. If you are able to operate it easily (a huge advantage of the PT22/25 & 21A) then you are much more likely to PRACTICE with it on a regular basis.

Remember, a 22 through the nose is much more effective than a 45 that misses altogether. Believe all of the shot placement hype!
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links