Kudos to S&W

This is a discussion on Kudos to S&W within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Somewhere here recently someone posted an unfavorable thread about S&W. I'd like to take an opportunity to make a counterpoint. I've had a 4566 for ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Kudos to S&W

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Thumbs up Kudos to S&W

Somewhere here recently someone posted an unfavorable thread about S&W. I'd like to take an opportunity to make a counterpoint.

I've had a 4566 for a while, and those who own 3rd Gen S&Ws know about the trigger play spring and its annoying "click" when broken. My 4566 is an LEO trade-in, and I was upfront about that when I emailed S&W about replacing the trigger play spring that had broken on one side. S&W CS informed me that because I wasn't the original owner I would have to pay for the repair, estimated at $70. No problem and off to Fedex I go. Just a suggestion for those needing to pay for returns to the manufacturer--Fedex is expensive, so check about shipping thru a local FFL!

Today the Fedex guy delivers my 4566 with a note inside stating no repair needed. Oh, boy... But it does have a new play spring, and a couple of other areas I was concerned about have been taken care of, with no repair or shipping costs to me.

Thank you S&W!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

I am glad they still offer good customer service.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I like my S&W's, hope to keep them for a good long time. Ie: forever.

VIP Member
    Reminds me of a story my neighbor told me that happened to him and his buddies on a fishing trip to Canada many years back.
    Their friend had a used Rolls Royce he picked up cheap, and they decided to use it for their trip.
    On the way back, one of the springs or the like broke, and had stranded them. The small repair shop had to have the part shipped, took 2 days, and once installed the owner asked the mechanic how much, and he said it was all taken care of.
    They called Rolls Royce and they were told that they (RR)had NO KNOWLEDGE of this repair/incident, as Rolls Royce's didn't break down. Car fixed for free, towed for free as well.
    Some companies don't want the limelight when it comes to things of this nature.
    Glad you had a wonderful experience. Hope if I ever need work by S& W, it goes like this.
    OldVet likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Always nice to hear some good news about anything nowadays.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

I am glad it turned out well. Always good at no cost.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Links