Nice Sun Morning at range

This is a discussion on Nice Sun Morning at range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had a good time at the range Sun morning honing the pistol skills. Took a buddy who was himself said he was rusty and my ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By palmcoaster
  • 3 Post By palmcoaster

Thread: Nice Sun Morning at range

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

Had a good time at the range Sun morning honing the pistol skills. Took a buddy who was himself said he was rusty and my wife . I shot my G27,her the G26 and my pal his XD9 . Was amazed how many ARs were at the range due to scarcity of ammunition for them
    Chris Dawg and Pyzik like this.

Been trying to go to the range for the past 2 weekends, but my kids keep me too busy. Good for you.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I wish my kids would keep me busy. All grown up and dont need me much. Just my wallet

I subscribe to the theory that quality time spent on the range with good friends, time spent on the golf course, and time spent in the woods in pursuit of big game, is time not subtracted from your own personal allotment of time on this earth.

Good for you. Maybe one day your kids will want to go too. My two boys are always after me to shoot with them, but it's just a short golf cart ride to my 50 yard range, so I usually accommodate them.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    I wish my kids would keep me busy. All grown up and dont need me much. Just my wallet
    I know how you feel.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Distinguished Member
    Glad you got to get out and have a good time. I have been dyeing to get to the range, but just can't do it when ammo is so scarce like it is (even though I have a good little bit of just target stuff). I can't believe people are blasting away 223/556 right now, could be months before you can get more (without paying dearly for it).

I have a 1 1/2 yr old that doesn't like to go more than ten minutes with out some attention right now, I find myself thinking about the days when she'll be older and a little more self entertained. Thanks for the reminder it'll be here way too soon and I'll be longing for the days when she just wanted our attention.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I finally went to the range myself this morning. I hadn't been in forever, hoarding the couple boxes of range ammo I had, knowing I'd be hard pressed to find more. But Mondays ladies shoot free and I've really been itching to go. I decided I deserved some fun after having to jump start my van in the dark this morning... So I shot a box and saved a box. It was the busiest I'd ever seen it that early in the day!

I was a little disappointed that I didn't shoot as well as back when I was going every week, but felt better when I looked over and noticed I was out shooting the guy next to me!

Glad you had a good day at the range!!

Would love to go but not gonna part with my ammo stash til I know I can replace some of it.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I'm not touching my cache of M855 right now, but I had a nice day at the range with my girlfriend the other day. I brought my AR with a few mags of TulAmmo, my G19, and my 1911. She liked both of the handguns, but really liked the AR, and that was even after we had to switch to the backup irons after the Aimpoint's battery died.

Links