Defensive Carry banner

How many guns do you need? How many do you want? How many do you have?

32K views 89 replies 78 participants last post by  SpencerB 
#1 ·
One thing that I have noticed is there are a lot of people in here who own more than one gun. I was showing my wife a few options for my next hand gun and my next shot gun, and she poses the question “How many guns do you need.” I thought for a moment and responded that 15 or so would do. She quickly realized that I was thinking of all the crazy situations that might come up… from shooting an armed intruder with a 12 gauge pump shot gun, to shooting a bear with a 45 because he trying to break into the car when we visit family up north, to teaching the boys how to shoot with a 22 rifle, 9mm for spring & summer carry, .380 to carry while wearing shorts, 40 to carry in the winter, 30.06 for deer hunting up north in the farm fields, 308 for deer hunting in the woods, AR-15 for recreational target practice, and the list could go on.

Right now, I am at five. Four long guns (2 shot guns and 2 rifles) and one hand gun.

What about you. How many would/will you buy and how many do you currently have.

BTW, my wife then said no, 16… so she can have one too.

See less See more
#62 ·
That sir is not information to share on a public forum that is monitored by every anti gun group in the country, as are all gun sites.

#63 ·
How many do I need? One for me and the wife at this point. How many do I want? If money was no object I'd build an armory onto my house and collect guns for the rest of my life.

#66 ·
How many do I need? All I can get.
How many do I want? All I can get.
How many do I have? Not enough to meet my need.

#71 ·
I need more than I have, I always want one more, and I don't quite have enough! If someone already said this then I apologize, but I didn't feel like reading through all the comments.:image035:

#73 ·
You only need 5 guns.

A .22 pistol and a .22 rifle.
A .357 pistol and a .357 rifle, or if you prefer substitute .44 mag pistol/rifle combo.
And a .12 gauge shotgun.

Those combinations will cover pretty much anything you need to shoot in this country, whether for plinking, hunting, or defense.

I have my needs covered and then some. I am not sure that the want list is ever complete whether it is guns or anything else for that matter.

#77 ·
As many as I want. As many as I can reasonably afford given any other needs for money.

And no one elses business.

I've stated this before and will again: I've not bought a single gun that I don't want, and every one I've bought I've purchased because I wanted it.

#79 ·
How many do I need? Enough to matter; enough to weather the storm.

How many do I want? More than that.

How many do I have. Can't remember.

#80 ·
How many I want or have can be any number at all because, for now, I can still do anything that isn't illegal. But I've sometimes thought about what would be a practical minimum. This is what I decided on for my use. One handgun that I can carry with me always. One shotgun. One 22 LR rifle. One centerfire rifle. The capability to reload for the centerfires.

#86 ·
I have said this at least a thousand time-------------all the guns that I don't have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.