YOUR Circle of Influence - Page 2

YOUR Circle of Influence

This is a discussion on YOUR Circle of Influence within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; BugDude, you better be careful, what with all that influencing going on, you are probably going to wind up on some"list" somewhere, for trying to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: YOUR Circle of Influence

VIP Member
    BugDude, you better be careful, what with all that influencing going on, you are probably going to wind up on some"list" somewhere, for trying to start an insurrection!
    I applaud your efforts, and couldn't agree with you more.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Wouldn't be the first list I've been on...of course, up to this point none of those other lists involved getting snuffed out by a drone.

I had a conversation with a man at work today who is in the "who needs an assault rifle" camp. If course, I asked him who needs a $100,000 Porsche that can go 150 mph (he happens to have one of those). There was another man present who I've had this exchange with in the past and he was just grinning (he was in this camp before too). I said, "It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs." I explained that when the Govt starts rationing our rights to us based on what THEY determine we need, then where does it stop? China already determined their citizens do not need more than 1 child. This man being a Doctor, I said, "Who NEEDS alcohol? Cigarettes? As you know, Diabetes kills more people than guns...who needs Donuts? Shut down all of the Dunkin and Krispy Creme stores."

At this point he replied, "Well, I just don't think anyone needs them." and I replied, "And you have the right to freely express your opinion...until the government decides you don't NEED that right."

The other gentleman was busting out laughing at this point and the man looked at him and said something and he replied, "I've already been down this road with him and all I can say is you don't stand a chance in hell at winning this debate!"

I didn't win this one over yet...but I will.
    oneshot likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Wouldn't be the first list I've been on...of course, up to this point none of those other lists involved getting snuffed out by a drone.

I had a conversation with a man at work today who is in the "who needs an assault rifle" camp. If course, I asked him who needs a $100,000 Porsche that can go 150 mph (he happens to have one of those). There was another man present who I've had this exchange with in the past and he was just grinning (he was in this camp before too). I said, "It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs." I explained that when the Govt starts rationing our rights to us based on what THEY determine we need, then where does it stop? China already determined their citizens do not need more than 1 child. This man being a Doctor, I said, "Who NEEDS alcohol? Cigarettes? As you know, Diabetes kills more people than guns...who needs Donuts? Shut down all of the Dunkin and Krispy Creme stores."

At this point he replied, "Well, I just don't think anyone needs them." and I replied, "And you have the right to freely express your opinion...until the government decides you don't NEED that right."

The other gentleman was busting out laughing at this point and the man looked at him and said something and he replied, "I've already been down this road with him and all I can say is you don't stand a chance in hell at winning this debate!"

I didn't win this one over yet...but I will.

I almost envy you, everybody I work with and am around 95% of the time feel as I do. I have nobody to debate, and I have so many great arguments!! I get almost jealous when my woman comes home and tells me about her discussions with co-workers.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Sometimes these folks get down right nasty. All you can do is stay calm and rational and stick to your rational debating points.

Unfortunately until there is a legal challenge to these draconian gun bans and magazine limits that reaches the SCOTUS and they render an opinion, we will forever be in this hysterical cycle of liberals incrementally pushing more insane laws and the heated fight to retain our Constitutional rights. I just hope it gets to the SCOTUS before one or more of them retire and Odictater loads the Justices. We also better hope that the next cycle of midterm elections the Repubs retain control of the House and gain ground in the Senate. If not, we're hosed.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

My brother is one of those Utopian, elitist, non gun owner "who needs a 30 round clip" in a rifle? (clip are his words not mine so don't start).
    I simply asked him if he really understood why the 2nd Amendment was in the Bill of Rights? He stated that it was so the settlers had guns to hunt.
    I just replied that he needed to do research on the true reason the 2nd Amendment was in the Bill of Rights....and I flatly told him, that it had
    not a thing to do with deer hunting. Once you've done that, you will see why we need 30 round "clips" in rifles.

....He shut up.....liberal Obama voting twerp. Can't believe we came from the same gene pool.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Nice efforts, BugDude...

I did something similar at the last school I worked at...lots of in that place.
    However, I saw over a dozen people seek out and receive their CCW permits.
    That said, only one of that group really carries.
    Having a permit and always keeping it locked up at home doesn't help much.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links