New to me Para LDA (holster help?)

This is a discussion on New to me Para LDA (holster help?) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wanted to post a pic of my new to me Para Ordnance LDA CCO. It's a Canadian made model in pretty much perfect shape. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By svgheartland

Thread: New to me Para LDA (holster help?)

Wanted to post a pic of my new to me Para Ordnance LDA CCO. It's a Canadian made model in pretty much perfect shape. I havent fired it yet, but hope it shoots as good as it looks. I've shot the LDA's before and love the trigger system.

I usually carry a single stack 9 (Kahr PM9 or K9 typically) and wanted to have a single stack .45 in the rotation. This one is thin and compact, but pretty heavy. (Although I do like a hefty metal gun sometimes )

Question for Para and/or 1911 guys. What are you guys using for holsters? I would like a simple OWB with either a thumb break or some sort of retention. Concealment is key, so the Serpa's and similar are out. I wasnt sure if 1911 holsters would work well with this since its hammerless. Any ideas? I like basic leather pancake holsters.

Heres a couple pictures (one with flash, one without. I'm a terrible photog, sorry.)

That lighting really does it justice! Sweet looking gun, but I can't offer any advice on a holster, sorry.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    I have an LDA in 3" and holstrering is easy. Any 1911, 3" holster will fit. Pick what you'd like
    tacman605 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

^ Awesome. That makes it much easier. No issues having no hammer? I would imagine thumb breaks arent going to fit too well?

Distinguished Member
    Good point. Avoid them. Are you thinking IWB or OC? With the former, it shouldn't matter.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

OWB concealed. Ideally a leather pancake, but figured the thumb break wouldnt fit. I'll have to look at the Bianchi carrylok's. Had one for an XD that was pretty decent.

Check with Jeff at Hays Holsters. If he has a mold I'd go with that. I have 7 or 8 of his holsters and they are fantastic. Turn time is fantastic as well.

Links