Order my shield or just settle.

This is a discussion on Order my shield or just settle. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Been looking for me a m and p shield with no success and with my CCW class coming up I,m considering just settling for what ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By svgheartland

Thread: Order my shield or just settle.

Been looking for me a m and p shield with no success and with my CCW class coming up I,m considering just settling for what I can get SA xd sub 9 and glock 27 any feedback is appreciated.thanks

2. Remove Ads

Re: Order my shield or just settle.

Whats wrong with a Glock 27?

Settle was the wrong word nothing is wrong with the glock 27 or SA just these are the 2sub compacts that I can get my hands on easily at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxjag View Post
    Whats wrong with a Glock 27?
    Some people don't like the trigger pull on a Glock. I'm not saying they're not a fine sidearm, but they feel, for lack of a better term, alien. Esp to someone whos shot Revolvers or non-safety hinge triggered autos. Plus, for some of us they just don't fit right.

Why do some people not like the 1911 platform? Why will one revolver person swear on nothing but a colt, and others like the feel of an S&W? It's a personal thing.

It's like asking "What's wrong with a 300 Weatherby Mag that you have to have a 300 Win Mag?" Both fine and acceptable medium game killers, just some like one over the other. (and for me it's the former, but that may have something to do with age and hard headedness as well)

I received a call this past Saturday from a LGS letting me know he finally had 2 M&P Shields in stock if I was still interested. My name has been on the list for 9 months so maybe there becoming more available.

Talk to the instructor, you may be able to do the live fire with another firearm. I'm a big proponent of the Shield and think you'll be very pleased with it, but waiting or not waiting is your call. There's a reason they're scarce and everyone is on a wait list for them.

I would go ahead and order a Shield but also look at getting something else now (or soon) in addition to it, if you can afford it. The good thing is that most sellers will accept a deposit on an order, so you probably won't have to pay the full price until you pick it up, leaving you with money to buy something else as well.

I would say get the shield. Get what you want or you might regret it later.

But getting a glock is a great buy too.

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Pick up a snubbie to tide you over. You'll always have a need and a place for it.
    BigCityChief likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    YEah.....whats wrong with the G27? no just kidding,if the shield is what youve got your heart set on, dont compromise or you wont like the "well instead I got this firearm"

Nothing wrong either with the Springfield XD9 Subcompact. Just as nice and reliable as any M&P or Glock. God Bless

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TE863 View Post
    Been looking for me a m and p shield with no success and with my CCW class coming up I,m considering just settling for what I can get SA xd sub 9 and glock 27 any feedback is appreciated.thanks
    You won't be "settling" by purchasing either or both of those excellent firearms. Good luck with whatever you decide. Let us know which you selected and why. Thanks,
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Links