Wow - Shipping Rifle - Page 2

Wow - Shipping Rifle

This is a discussion on Wow - Shipping Rifle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by fatboy621 I tried to use the USPS to ship one back to the manufacturer, I look on their site and found nothing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wow - Shipping Rifle

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy621 View Post
    I tried to use the USPS to ship one back to the manufacturer, I look on their site and found nothing saying I couldn't. I was told I was wrong. I talked with the post master and was treated like a criminal. I went home and made some calls the higher ups with the same results. I called ups told them what I was wanting to do and if I needed to do anything special. Nope, just box it up in a plain box and bring it in. No problems at. Two weeks later it was dropped back off at my door via UPS. I told the post office I would not be shipping with them anymore because the way I was treated.
    Here's the USPS sight on shipping firearms. If I were you, I'd print it and hand it to the station postmaster, then file a complaint with the Postmaster general. That's what I would do. I hate it when people refuse to do their job.

http://www.cgwgun.com/shipping/usps.aspx
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    For all of you people that insist you need to tell FeDex that it's a gun I will ask you one question: Is it law or is it a FedEx rule? What's FeDex going to do to you? Take away your birthday? No, I didn't think so.
    Brad426 likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I have not shipped a firearm, yet, but can tell you Fed Ex may not be doing it.

I went to their local office near Tri-State Airport once to pick up a package they were having a time getting to me. As I was walking in, there was a huge sign bolted to their wall that said :

"No Firearms Allowed In This Building. You Will Be Searched."

So, I walked back out to my Toyota truck and put my 9mm that I was carrying at the time underneath the seat so I could go get my package. Haven't been back since.

I'm surprised Fed Ex let you in the building to ship it.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I have not shipped a firearm, yet, but can tell you Fed Ex may not be doing it.

I went to their local office near Tri-State Airport once to pick up a package they were having a time getting to me. As I was walking in, there was a huge sign bolted to their wall that said :

"No Firearms Allowed In This Building. You Will Be Searched."

So, I walked back out to my Toyota truck and put my 9mm that I was carrying at the time underneath the seat so I could go get my package. Haven't been back since.

I'm surprised Fed Ex let you in the building to ship it.
    My local Fedex is also posted, went to pick up a clutch I was going to install in my friend's car. I won't be doing business with FedEx anymore.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Is it any wonder USPS is going down for the count?
    What's that? Average of 4 billion dollars a year loss for like 10 years? A quick search pulled up $42,335,766 per day loss for them.

FWIW: I ship everything from my FFL. That way I have no hassles whatsoever.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    I believe it is company policy and I can understand it. A firearm is not something you want delivered by mistake or left on a porch somewhere as happened to me.

A person I traded guns with in order to save a few bucks did not declare this as a firearm and sent it not requiring a signature to my receiving FFL. Even though I had sent him the shipping address he looked online and used an address that he found there. The problem was this was the FFL's old home address that he had listed when he got his license and the info was old.
    Since the firearm was shipped with no signature required and not claimed as a firearm on the delivery date I called the FFL from here and he stated that he had not received the gun even though the online tracking showed delivered. It was delivered alright. When I checked deeper it showed it was delivered to the home address and left on the porch. I then called the FFL and he rushed over to the house but the package was not there.
    Fortunately the house was his rental property and he contacted the renter. He stated when he came home he saw the package but since it is a condo and he had not ordered anything he left it on the porch. About midnight he got up and went outside and saw the package was still there so he took it inside. Once he saw the name he pretty much knew what it was and who it was for. Lucky for me there are still honest people.

When I contacted the guy who shipped it he stated that he had not declared it a firearm because of the hassle, ?????, so I held the gun I was shipping him until it was safe in hand.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I shipped a Sako 75 to an FFL using Fed ex and had no problem at all. I even walked in with rifle in a hard case and purchased a box to put that inside and they never inspected it or anything. This was in Michigan. Not sure if regulations vary or not but it was painless here.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    What's that? Average of 4 billion dollars a year loss for like 10 years? A quick search pulled up $42,335,766 per day loss for them.

FWIW: I ship everything from my FFL. That way I have no hassles whatsoever.

^^^^^^This is what^^^^^^^^^^

I think I would have done.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links