Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying so many bullets?

This is a discussion on Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying so many bullets? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Why are they buying so many boolits. So you and I cant buy any thats why....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying so many bullets?

Why are they buying so many boolits. So you and I cant buy any thats why.
    mg27 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Maybe .... The more we buy, the more they buy. What they dont seem to realize is we are all on the same team. Maybe they have an inferiority complex.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

...all SUPPOSED to be on the same team...guilt complex may be more accurate...

...ALL government by man is oppressive...when not watched closely and controlled carefully...
    CharlesMorri likes this.

VIP Member
    1.5 billion rounds over 5 years. That isn't much, heck SIXTO shoots that much in a month!
    CLASS3NH and Chaplain Scott like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

IMO.................either they are expecting an invasion of our shores or the target is us....plain and simple.
    mg27 and CLASS3NH like this.

Wouldnt surprise me if they are buying up a bunch of guns also, to prevent the citizens from getting their hand on them! Schrewd they are, and sure they love to buy up all the ammo with our tax dollars. Why not. There gonna do everything they can to go around the 2nd amendment..

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    IMO.................either they are expecting an invasion of our shores or the target is us....plain and simple.
    This sounds correct. They dont trust us, the people dont trust them, bad mixture! Plus economy about to explode.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

I'm glad the government continues to buy ammo. I hate having to use my personal ammo for practice. I just wish the manufacturers could keep up with demand.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    1.5 billion rounds over 5 years. That isn't much, heck SIXTO shoots that much in a month!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...........I see it all now.........Soooooooooo SIXTO is the culprit. Hmmmmmmm Just like you, I suspected him all along, that pesky rascal..
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Well they claim they are not that it is a bunch of tin foil worry.
    I would ask why they are buying them and the weapons and then lying about it
    mg27 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The HSL contract is with ATK and they claim to have the ability to produce up to 1.6 billion rounds per year.

Isn't it odd the government can afford to train with duty ammo but most local police departments struggle, because of budget restraints, to train with any ammo. Note: my local police department does presently have a very short familiarization course using duty ammo, all other training is with FMJ based on purchase orders.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    When I first heard of the huge number Social Security was buying I sounded like a lot till I divided it by the number of officers. It only came to 600 rounds per officer. They require quarterly qualification with duty ammo, so there goes 400 of those rounds. DR

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Isn't it odd the government can afford to train with duty ammo but most local police departments struggle, because of budget restraints, to train with any ammo. Note: my local police department does presently have a very short familiarization course using duty ammo, all other training is with FMJ based on purchase orders.
    During my interview for our Sheriff's Reserve program, I asked about "practice" ammo. I was informed that our Dept. furnishes the actual qualification ammo and duty ammo, but actual practice ammo is out of our own pockets (big sigh). Our Academy has our range weekend in a couple of months--need to practice up, so the "old guy" (I'm the oldest in the class by about 20 years) can not be too outdone by all the young whipper-snappers
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Re: Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying so many bullets?

At least mcp1810 gets it.

Why is the Department of Homeland Security buying so many bullets?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links