Companies taking a stand over 2A rights , refusing to sell to LE, etc. in states

This is a discussion on Companies taking a stand over 2A rights , refusing to sell to LE, etc. in states within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If I put this in the wrong section of the forum, pls move it. Besides those listed here, Midway and others are putting out emails, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Companies taking a stand over 2A rights , refusing to sell to LE, etc. in states

Companies taking a stand over 2A rights , refusing to sell to LE, etc. in states

If I put this in the wrong section of the forum, pls move it.

Besides those listed here, Midway and others are putting out emails, etc.... voicing the same policy for their companies.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Guns-For-You

Gun Companies Refuse Sales to State Governments with Strict Gun Laws

Six gun companies have announced plans to stop selling any of their products to any government agency in states that severely limit the rights of private gun ownership.

Disappointed with New York State lawmakers and other jurisdictions around the country who have passed strict gun control legislation, the companies—composed of firearm manufacturers, gunsmiths, and sporting goods retailers—have announced these policies in the past week.
    Their various statements emphasize that such laws create a class of government employees with rights and and a class of citizens without rights. Thus, they refuse to aid the enforcement of such inequality.

The announcements read:

LaRue Tactical ; Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.

Olympic Arms; Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity - will no longer be served as customers.
    In short, Olympic Arms will no longer be doing business with the State of New York or any governmental entity or employee of such governmental entity within the State of New York - henceforth and until such legislation is repealed, and an apology made to the good people of the State of New York and the American people.

Extreme Firepower Inc, LLC ; The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms. Law-enforcement agencies are typically exempt from these restrictions. EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.
    Templar Custom; We will not sell arms to agents of the state of New York that hold themselves to be "more equal" than their citizens.
    As long as the legislators of New York think they have the power to limit the rights of their citizens, in defiance of the Constitution, we at Templar will not sell them firearms to enforce their edicts.

Templar Custom is announcing that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee will no longer be served as customers.

York Arms; Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.

Cheaper than Dirt; Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.

Second Amendment activist groups Guns Save Life and Grass Roots North Carolina are currently urging big gun manufacturers Sig Sauer, Smith and Wesson, and Glock to halt their sales to government agencies within states that have clamped down on their residents' right to bear arms.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It’s just like the signs.

No shirt, no shoes, no service.

We reserve the right to refuse to refuse service to anyone.

If they do not like it then do not violate the Constitution.
    BugDude and sixgun like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Now if Smith and Ruger get a little bit more aggressive and follow suit even though they have took a stand against this stuff publicly its a great day. I dont expect much from Glock on this. I hope they prove me wrong. Just me but any gun manufacture with a stake in the US market that doesnt at min take a public stand stance against this stuff never and I do mean never gets another dime from me or my friends as we have talked about this. And emailed the companies.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Now if Smith and Ruger get a little bit more aggressive and follow suit even though they have took a stand against this stuff publicly its a great day. I dont expect much from Glock on this. I hope they prove me wrong. Just me but any gun manufacture with a stake in the US market that doesnt at min take a public stand stance against this stuff never and I do mean never gets another dime from me or my friends as we have talked about this. And emailed the companies.
    Wow. Could you imagine if Glock made that screw up? Sure, they have a nice market with LEOs. But it can't be anything like the market they have with the general public.

On the other side of that, imagine if Glock, SA, etc., did stop selling to them.

Ouch. I'd love to see the ammo companies doing the same.

This would be great if bigger names followed. Imagine if ammo manufacturers refused to sell to government entities. They should cancel the contracts for homeland security lol
    Jackster and sixgun like this.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    This would be great if bigger names followed. Imagine if ammo manufacturers refused to sell to government entities. They should cancel the contracts for homeland security lol
    Well not that I think they all will (I can hope and pray I guess) but if they did that would be the end of all this nonsense and good business for the companys themselves. LEO States arent a drop in the bucket as far as ammo or gun sales.
    If enough wrote the companies that if they didnt refuse to sell to these states etc the public would not after this purchase their product it could happen. But people being people not enough would stop buying to or even write to make it happen. Nice dream though
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Every gun and ammo manufacturer has some skin in this deal. If they all stick together and follow suit, this nonsense will come to a halt post haste.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

This is great news

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Every gun and ammo manufacturer has some skin in this deal. If they all stick together and follow suit, this nonsense will come to a halt post haste.
    This would be great if they did this. As you said they would all have to come together to absorb the loss collectively.

Seems to me that the wrong group of people get punished here. The cops job is to enforce laws, not make them. It is the lawmakers that need to get punished and the way to do that is to vote them out as soon as possible.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    Seems to me that the wrong group of people get punished here. The cops job is to enforce laws, not make them. It is the lawmakers that need to get punished and the way to do that is to vote them out as soon as possible.
    The ones getting punished are the plain folks living in those states who are now being treated like criminals. Personaly I am glad some are sticking up for us....

I will forgive Cheaper Than Dirt's initial poor reaction to the call for gun bans, and take them off my boycott list since they saw the light and grew a pair.
    sixgun likes this.

Wake now your dream is over.
    Look LEO ,DHS and the like will get their weapons and ammo. They will get all the want at anytime.
    If NY LE needed weapons and by some chance they could not buy them, in less than a minute DHS would transfer all they needed and more to them.
    With Obama in office this will be the prefect time for him to just nationalize the companies he wants to make weapons and close down those he does not.
    You waste so much time on meaningless little games. The fight is in the White house no where else..

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Wake now your dream is over.

You waste so much time on meaningless little games. The fight is in the White house no where else..
    In the Congress, 'cause that's where law is made. But, I get what you're saying.

Still, the more pressure that can be brought to bear, the more serious the opposition to crimes against the Constitution will be taken. We've got enemies in congress, in the WH, in the SCOTUS, and in practically each and every state and local legislature, assembly, city council and other committee with any power to dictate control over our lives. It's all around us, no doubt about it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links