Fair Price for G23 + goodies?

This is a discussion on Fair Price for G23 + goodies? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am planing to sell a 3rd generation Glock 23 w/ OEM night sights. Gun has about 500rds through it; used for daily carry for ...

Thread: Fair Price for G23 + goodies?

Question Fair Price for G23 + goodies?

I am planing to sell a 3rd generation Glock 23 w/ OEM night sights. Gun has about 500rds through it; used for daily carry for about 6 months, then I acquired a G30 - the G23 has been taking up room in the gunvault ever since. Original Glock case, manual, warranty card, speed loader, brush, cleaning rod, two 13rnd magazines and 100rnds of Federal's Classic .40S&W 180grn Hi-Shock JHP will be sold with the gun. Will $500 be a fair asking price for this sale? Sale will be "face-to-face" (local sale only) through local PD weapons registrar's office - too expensive to sell out of my jurisdiction due to transfer fees going in excess of $100. Average local price for this exact gun (new in a box) starts at $750 - should I go up on the asking price, say to $600?

Also have Safariland's 328 holster, 079 magazine pouch, L830 belt (30" - I've put a few pounds and can't use it any more), one G22 15rnd magazine, two OEM Glock +2 magazine extensions w/inserts and five .40S&W Pachymar dummy rounds. Items in this paragraph might be sold as a combo with the gun or individually - prefer to get rid of them all at once though. Will $150 be a fair asking price for all the goddies as a bundle? Would consider mailing to CONUS if anyone is interested in these items.

Any comments appreciated - working on some pictures.
    Last edited by cagueits; October 29th, 2006 at 08:15 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I think your asking price for the firearm is a bit over priced. Where did you get that the new in box price for a G-23 is $750.00/ is that really the average price around there? Glad I don't see those averages where I live. Anyway, around here new 23's go between $525 and about $580 depending on where you go, but you can get them even cheaper with a little shopping.

I go to Hastings or other bookstores and browse their gun pricing books to get a feel for how much used firearms go for. You should be able to get an idea being that it is not new but nearly new.

I didnít notice before that you were in Puerto Rico so I donít know exactly what the market is like down there. The best I can say is sell at the appropriate range for you area.

You may want to read http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....hreadid=609520, its very similar to your question.
    No guns, no peace.
    Know guns, know peace.

GoGLock - Sadly $750 is an average price for that particular gun new in the box.

Being an island second in gun control to maybe DC, it is extremely hard to get a decent gun around here (thats after you fork out over $250 to be able to get the necesary paperwork done for a gun license to keep the gun in your residence, and another $500+ to be able to carry it for personal defense if you get authorized by the local courts).

If the gun you want (G23 being a common gun to buy now a days) is not on stock (most dealers will stock only the fixed sights model - starting price @$685 w/ tax), that means a special order, and it will take at least 2-3 weeks for your gun to arrive (more close to 6 weeks), plus deposit, and any extra fees they can think of, etc. If you buy over the internet, FFL dealers start their "receiving a gun" fee at around $100 (I've seen them ask close to $250 in the METRO area - I get mine through a dealer in the country side so he just charges $100).

I offered this deal about a week ago and everyone was extremely interested and with big smiles on their faces (thats were I got the idea that I was giving away the gun at $500), so thats why I'm asking for a fair price.

Don't get me started with the extra goodies; magazine for a G23 in PR, starting at $40 (are they nuts?).

So, in the all an all, I'm just looking for a decent price for a used gun in the US; I'll add $100 (thats what I ended up paying for the transfer fee in the first place). Used Glocks in the US go for maybe $400?, so thats why I started asking $500 in Puerto Rico (before I saw the evil looks on the guys at the range).

What about the items on a bundle? Decent US price, or should I go lower? (Safarilnad doesn't do bussiness with PR because of local dealer exclusivity, so you end up ordering from different sources - meaning extra shipping charges, but still way cheaper than local, though you have to wait for items to come in through snail mail).

dglockster - Thanks for the link, kinda what I was expecting; however being a limited market where I am, I'm still wondering if the $750 with the goodies or $600 just for the gun would be fair.

Links